Since 2002 Glover has been finished only by Rumble and Gus.

Melas Chasma

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
It might sound suprising, because everytime there is a Glover fight coming you see a lot of the fans saying he is going to get finished, because he is so old and slow. Its been like that probably the last 5 years.

The man has heart, he deserves more respect.

Glover is a G no doubt.
But he’s clearly in the twilight of his career.

It might sound suprising, because everytime there is a Glover fight coming you see a lot of the fans saying he is going to get finished, because he is so old and slow. Its been like that probably the last 5 years.

The man has heart, he deserves more respect.

Gus gouged Glover’s eye’s out in that first round and eventually took 5 rounds to actually finish Glover..

On top of that, fight was in Sweden and Marc Goddard made sure to give Glover 0 time to recover and rushed him back in.

He’s such a fuckin warhorse

I expected Nikita to roll him

Glover is a pretty cool gatekeeper

Still can't believe Glover got wrestlefucked by Corey Anderson

It'd be incredibly amusing if he does the same to Johnny Walker

It’s cool to see him using his ground game so much. His striking has fallen behind but he still has tools. That’s what martial arts is all about.

Being well rounded and using whatever it takes to win. Mad respect to Glover!!!

He hasn't been fighting the best comp tho.

Krylov, OSP, Bader and Circunov were his best wins and he almost got finished in 3 of them. To his credit he Def has heart and ability to get out of tough spots

Guys like washed up Rampage and Rashad, Fabio, Roberson, Cutelaba, Jared, The Huna etc were mediocre. Guys like Cummins, Corey, Davis etc weren't finishers

But Glover generally if u can't out work him or KO him is gonna prolly win

He is going to be 40 next month. He is done hanging with top 10 guys.

I doubt his physical health in every fight, but he is incredibly durable. Nikita Krylov really out him to the test.

What really surprised me was that Krylov was able to survive being mounted and worked by Glover. Glover is probably the best LHW on top. He passes and strangles at the highest level. Krylov is a very good submission artist, but overall he's a relatively weak grappler who is susceptible to subs himself. Surviving under Glover was very impressive.

What surprised me a little less was Glover being worked on the mat by Krylov for a bit. It really showed a huge factor in his overall durability: his grappling acumen. Krylov is no Jacare, but he's one of those killers with submission prowess that matches his KO prowess. I think he would've finished almost any other LHW with that choke. Glover is still very sound.

Glover Lucas gets wobbled in all of his fights.

Somehow he comes back and win most of the time.

Gotta love the old man.

He was a well rounded fighter before most of em' were well rounded. Overall, he's had a good career. I hope he doesn't leave the party "too" late.

Dude needs to have a sit down with Joe Hogan and Vitor and maybe think about getting into some of this age reversing Jesus Juice stuff I hear so much about. My mans would be serving up spinning shit for everyone inside the cage.

Back