Who else became a fan of Tristan Connelly after last night?

BEATDOWNS

Power Slap OG
@plutonium
Reaction score
michel-pereira-tristan-connelly.jpg

I know i sure as f did! What an amazing display of heart and skills and against a much larger opponent.

I loved seeing him work over that goofball Pereira.

Will be rooting for him every fight from now on.

Hope he enjoys that 100K
:D

I did.

I also became a non-fan of Periera, but still probably #wouldwatch just to see him lose.

He's gonna be Nasty at lightweight

No because I don't like that grinding fighting style with no A-Game anywhere BUT.....it was a very enjoyable performance in context etc, I was happy for him and it was a great little upset. But I can't say I'm looking forward to seeing him fight again.

The other guy sucked, and Tristan took advantage of that. Tristan will likely get destroyed next time. He did not impress me at all other than with his heart and tenacity....sorry. His 15 minutes of fame were possibly the greatest 15 minutes someone can have, but I do not anticipate a repeat.

Stepped up on short notice against a much bigger guy with a lot of hype and beat him up. War Connelly.

No because I don't like that grinding fighting style with no A-Game anywhere BUT.....it was a very enjoyable performance in context etc, I was happy for him and it was a great little upset. But I can't say I'm looking forward to seeing him fight again.

The other guy sucked, and Tristan took advantage of that. Tristan will likely get destroyed next time. He did not impress me at all other than with his heart and tenacity....sorry. His 15 minutes of fame were possibly the greatest 15 minutes someone can have, but I do not anticipate a repeat.

You realize that WW isn't his natural weight, right?

this all day. after all the BS in the walkout and the 1st round, he almost didn't have an opponent by the end.

a charlie brenneman type situation - one noteworthy win and then probably nothing afterwards. flash in the pan. if he's supposed to be a BJJ wiz and can't finish a striker on the ground who is completely gassed, then probably not much there.

How could you not? I doubt he does anything significant going forward, but that was a nice feather in his cap to humiliate that Brazilian showboat.

Well, the other guy was tree times his size so the win is even more impressive.

Yup

Going up a weightclass and making you're UFC debut on 5 days notice AND winning is legit badass

Became a fan of the other guy tbh
Seeing him backflip and doing all sorts of gymastics was funny at first. But the idiot gassed himself out in the first round. Plus he missed weight and looked huge for the weightclass so fuck him.

Was a great night of fights. Happy for this guy he made 100k.

Just disappointed Duffey after 4 years away was robbed by that eye poke. He was seconds away from winning.

Just disappointed Duffey after 4 years away was robbed by that eye poke. He was seconds away from winning.

His chin was holding up. I was literally wincing every time they started to exchange..

michel-pereira-tristan-connelly.jpg

I know i sure as f did! What an amazing display of heart and skills and against a much larger opponent.

I loved seeing him work over that goofball Pereira.

Will be rooting for him every fight from now on.

Hope he enjoys that 100K
:D
100% !!!
-- I can't remember the last time I saw such a big size difference in a fight and for that Canadian dude to take that fight on 5 or 6 days notice at a weight class higher than his normal one and WIN against a guy who obviously struggles mightily to make 170 (he failed!) was amazing and for him to do that in front of his home crowd AND on his UFC debut...... fantastic.

No doubt his gym there in Vancouver will also get a significant rise in business and customers and his wife will be v happy for the extra US$100,000 plus of course he got his regualr UFC money plus 20% of Pereira's purse, so I reckon he probably pocketed maybe US$125,000 for his night of work, something like that. That's a heckuva debut payment, good for him.

Nah, homie. Duffman oversold the eyepoke. He thought saying he could see double would give him 5 minutes to rest. He didn't think it would end the fight.

Tristan came in on 5 days notice to fight a much larger guy at a weight class above his own and was supposed to be a highlight reel win for Peirera. Boxed him up, outworked him, hurt him.

That's impressive for a dude who was brought in to get beat up. Especially since he could probably make 145 without much trouble.

Back