How about a Cerrone-Showtime rematch?

Jawth

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Two very exciting fighters in about the same position right now. Both just took bad losses but aren't very far removed from really good performances. Pettis beat him pretty easily last time, but that was a long time ago. I don't think it has much relevance to where both fighters stand today.

This fight would be fun where ever it takes place. I could see it ending early again or it being a war of attrition. I would favor Cowboy at this point in their careers but Pettis is still auper dangerous at the kickboxing range Donald prefers.

Is this a rematch you guys would be interested in? Who would you favor?

Actually a great fight for both, hadnt thought of that one, hell they can fight at any weight too.

Interesting, I think I'd probably favour Pettis and that's not writing Cowboy off I just feel Pettis is often better than people think sometimes, it would be a great fight though and no matter who won the win wouldn't be surprising cause both guys could really bring it.

I think styles make fights, and I don't see a rematch going much different than the first fight. I'm a fan of both guys, but that's a pointless fight, imo.

Actually a great fight for both, hadnt thought of that one, hell they can fight at any weight too.

I would prefer WW so neither has to worry about cutting weight and both are fully energized, but yeah, LW or WW would both be viable options.

I think styles make fights, and I don't see a rematch going much different than the first fight. I'm a fan of both guys, but that's a pointless fight, imo.

Really? Anthony isnt as kick-heavy oriented as he use to be and prefers to box more now. I think this fight could have various results.

Sign Bendo too and get the old WEC LW gang back together fighting each other, ideally on a blue canvas.

Better than f***ing Pettis vs Diego. I'd rather see Islam beat Cerrone to cement his place as a post Khabib contender though.

Battle of the 2 round stool-quitters. Sounds more boring than Edson Felder 3: The Trilogy. No thanks.in fact, cowboy needs to disappear a little while hes fought like 5 times this year his whole thing is getting old. Cowboy fans, deal with it.

Anyone need a break just from constantly seeing this guys face when hes not relevant to anything? I do. It's just too much Cowboy right now. Take a break and raise your kid ffs.

I thought they’re friends now so they probably won’t rematch.

Really? Anthony isnt as kick-heavy oriented as he use to be and prefers to box more now. I think this fight could have various results.

Only because of who he's fought recently. Wonderboy is a much better/faster kicker than Pettis so he knew he couldn't really kick with him. Diaz smothered him and didn't allow him the range to kick. Initially, Pettis landed some really good kicks, but that changed when Diaz stayed on him and kept him in the clinch. He was forced to box. The style change was forced. It wasn't by choice.

How about a Cerrone vs Do Bronx rematch?

Only because of who he's fought recently. Wonderboy is a much better/faster kicker than Pettis so he knew he couldn't really kick with him. Diaz smothered him and didn't allow him the range to kick. Initially, Pettis landed some really good kicks, but that changed when Diaz stayed on him and kept him in the clinch. He was forced to box. The style change was forced. It wasn't by choice.

Anthonys body has changed from his Wheatie box days in his youth to what he is now. He’s older, “puffier”, and has lost a bit of speed and I would say THAT has contributed to his slight style change.

He can still launch those dynamic kicks in practice but he use to be able to hit them in live combat when he was leaner/younger due to the speed at which he moved.

Anthonys body has changed from his Wheatie box days in his youth to what he is now. He’s older, “puffier”, and has lost a bit of speed and I would say THAT has contributed to his slight style change.

He can still launch those dynamic kicks in practice but he use to be able to hit them in live combat when he was leaner/younger due to the speed at which he moved.

I'm sure it contributed, but if he were to fight Cowboy again, I think you'd see a lot of kicks from Pettis. Cowboy is a guy that will allow him kicking range since he is also a kickboxer, and Pettis can handily out-kick him. He's the faster, better kicker. I think a rematch ends the same way the first fight ended.

Back