UFC should scout more fighters in Nigeria/Jamaica

TGArthur

You can't lose if you win the fight.
@Steel
Reaction score
We are starting to see a lot of amazing talent come out of those countries: Israel, Uriah, and Usman. Incredible skill, they always come in shape, and motivated. There must be untapped talent in those areas we can grab
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

i think you mean they should get nigerian babies and raise them in western countries

We are starting to see a lot of amazing talent come out of those countries: Israel, Uriah, and Usman. Incredible skill, they always come in shape, and motivated. There must be untapped talent in those areas we can grab
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

They all grew up in Western countries which is where they got into martial arts.

I assume their plan is to start spending more time in other continents and continue building PI's. Some places aren't the easiest to scout or develop talent though. Curious to see how things go in the future.

Why don't the just pay more money and poach athletes from Basketball and Football? Those 5'9" NFL cornerbacks with 4.3 second 40yrd speed and 40 inch verts could probably run through the light divisions and the NFL defensive ends or NBA power forwards could run through the heavyweight division. My guess if these Nigerians where actually A+ athletes they would already be in the USA one way or another (NCAA scholarship etc).

Nigeria should have its own promotion so that you can buy its PPVs.

The 13th amendment prevents what your suggesting I think

Why don't the just pay more money and poach athletes from Basketball and Football? Those 5'9" NFL cornerbacks with 4.3 second 40yrd speed and 40 inch verts could probably run through the light divisions and the NFL defensive ends or NBA power forwards could run through the heavyweight division. My guess if these Nigerians where actually A+ athletes they would already be in the USA one way or another (NCAA scholarship etc).
You mean the athletes that fail at football and basketball? You don't mean scout guys to give up the NFL for MMA?

<30>

I would like to see Usain Bolt i(with training of course) in the ring with Jon Jones in the light heavy weight division (talk about fast twitch muscles):

the-people.jpg

Nigeria should have its own promotion so that you can buy its PPVs.

"Please permit me to make your acquaintance in so informal a manner. This is necessitated by my urgent need to reach a dependable and trust wordy foreign partner. This request may seem strange and unsolicited but I will crave your indulgence and pray that you view it seriously. If you buy our PPVs, we will use the funds to release our imprisoned leader."

All of those guys left their countries when they were young.
Are you suggesting scouting for 7 year olds with no training experience?

Back