Cerrone Walk Out Behavior

BiC Fist

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
... has to change imo. If he could walk to the cage without stopping to hug and kiss his family, he might have a bit more focus in the fight. Last night was the second fight in a row where he stopped to visit his grandmother, lady and son on his way to the octagon. Last night was also the second fight in a row where he did not fight to his ability and lost. He was one a serious title run, before these pre-fight theatrics.

FFS, he should leave the family man backstage and scrap like he used to.

Does anyone agree or am I the asshole here?

It's not the walk-out, it's his age. Donald is past it, he still has exceptional skills that's why he does well but he's just past it.

Last edited:
He could abandon his family, slap them during the walkout, or do any other thing and it wouldn't of mattered.

Gaethje beats him every time.

He's done this a bunch of times. It has nothing to do with that BS and everything else to do with the competition he fought (Tony,Justin)

He started to believe his own nonsense about how his kid/family reinvented him.

Or put more into his fights than outfits...

0052c682a0eb4141-822x617.png

This is absolutely not the reason he lost.
Cowboy has always been inconsistent in terms of performance. One fight he looks great and then the next fight he looks like an old man who should have retired years ago.

Taking you family/kids to work is a bizarre thing that's becoming more common in all sports.
If they had a ral job they wouldn't take their children to work every day so don't do it in MMA or any other sport. It's a job, take it seriously and leave the kids at home.

I think that's silly.
If there was any evidence it actually effected the fight then sure, absolutely change it. But there isn't.

Sure it could, but there is no evidence it does. Hell he might be worse if he doesn't hug them. They might remind him what he fights for and help him focus.

My point is simple: if you want to win more fights, get better in the gym, don't worry about pre-fight rituals and superstitions. People that are tied to rituals and rabbits feet for success lack confidence in their training and abilities.

cowboy only learns the hard way, last fight was his last warning and he didn't listen...

i think lawlers approach is the best, just keep your family out of this crap, humans fighting each other in this way is just not normal, as much as the ufc wants it to sell it, lmao.
coleman with his children, vitors crying wife when weidman beat him up, my god...it's just unneccesary drama.

He needs to do 37 backflips like pereira

I agree, these types of shenanigans should be banned in the UFC, as well as sapping the killing instinct from a fighter, seeing other peoples family happiness makes me sick to my stomach.

I want my UFC cock fighting free from emotional distractions.

He's out of his prime. He won his last fight while doing exactly the same walk-out.

It's not the walk-out, it's his age. Donald is past it, he still has exceptional skills that's why he does well but he's just past it.

The last fight he won was vs Iaquinta. That was three fights ago. He did not stop to visit anyone on his way to the cage. His next two bouts were the Tony and Justin fights.

He did the family man's walkout for both of the those and he lost. Get your story straight.

Cerone is past his prime, the wrong side of the bell curve. Like a running back in the NFL, once your physical abilities start to decline, it is over. Even guys like Adrian Peterson went from the best back in the NFL to 3rd stringer on a shit team....very quickly.

Cerrone's best days are behind him, he lost 6 of his last 10 fights. At 36, he has to consider the effects of the damage he is taking on his long term health.

He started to believe his own nonsense about how his kid/family reinvented him.

Sadly, this might be true. If he ever quits the new schtick, maybe his performance improves.. we'll see.

The last fight he won was vs Iaquinta. That was three fights ago. He did not stop to visit anyone on his way to the cage. His next two bouts were the Tony and Justin fights.

He did the family man's walkout for both of the those and he lost. Get your story straight.

You're right. For some reason I thought Cerrone was coming off a win. But wasn't his family and child there for the Iaquinta fight? He even brought them to the cage afterwards if I remember correctly. Edited my post btw.

I think that's silly.
If there was any evidence it actually effected the fight then sure, absolutely change it. But there isn't.

Sure it could, but there is no evidence it does. Hell he might be worse if he doesn't hug them. They might remind him what he fights for and help him focus.

My point is simple: if you want to win more fights, get better in the gym, don't worry about pre-fight rituals and superstitions. People that are tied to rituals and rabbits feet for success lack confidence in their training and abilities.
how the hell would you get any evidence that it matters?. imo its common sense . focus on what you should do, And he doesnt

... has to change imo. If he could walk to the cage without stopping to hug and kiss his family, he might have a bit more focus in the fight. Last night was the second fight in a row where he stopped to visit his grandmother, lady and son on his way to the octagon. Last night was also the second fight in a row where he did not fight to his ability and lost. He was one a serious title run, before these pre-fight theatrics.

FFS, he should leave the family man backstage and scrap like he used to.

Does anyone agree or am I the asshole here?
totally agree with you.but i dont think it would have changed the outcome of this fight tho

Back