Justin Gaethje's record

Vegeta

I’ll never give in to you circus freaks!
@Brown
Reaction score
Look at his record;
28 wins (7 amateur).
2 losses.
In 30 fights, he only had 3 decisions, thats crazy.
This guy is always entertaining.
<GinJuice>
there is no question here, just wanna say.

The JUST BLEED gods be like:

tenor.gif

Yeah I'm so happy the UFC decided to sign this guy. The amount of entertainment he's already delivered in only six fights is second to none.

He's building a solid resume at lightweight.

Few names on his record:
Fickett,
D. Lauzon,
Newell,
Guillard,
Palomino x2,
Foster,
Firmino,
M. Johnson,
Vick,
Barboza &
Cerrone

With 10 more UFC wins he'll be an 'all time' great.

I actually almost don't wanna see Justin vs. Tony... the CTE in that fight will be huge..

I just want him to be a little more calculated with his risk taking.
I know that will come at the expense of some action but I hope it means higher level fights and a few less ticks in the L column.

I just want him to be a little more calculated with his risk taking.
I know that will come at the expense of some action but I hope it means higher level fights and a few less ticks in the L column.

It seemed like he did that yesterday. But that might just be in his DNA.

It seemed like he did that yesterday. But that might just be in his DNA.
It's seemed that way that way since the vick fight but with less than a round in each of the last 3 there really isn't enough cage time to judge it. If he has, he could be scary for anyone, Tony and Khabib included.
His kicking game alone is problems for anyone at 55.

The big question mark is when he needs to use his wrestling how effective will it be? And will he be willing to initiate the grappling exchanges against a guy like Khabib (which imo is why tibau had so much success). I'd favor Khabib but Justin could chop the legs out, rock him on the feat and be a much bigger challenge to takedown and pass then any of his previous opponents.

He's so fun to watch. At worst he'll be a cowboy, but he could be a champ simply becausel he'll go where other fighters aren't willing to go.

It's seemed that way that way since the vick fight but with less than a round in each of the last 3 there really isn't enough cage time to judge it. If he has, he could be scary for anyone, Tony and Khabib included.
His kicking game alone is problems for anyone at 55.

The big question mark is when he needs to use his wrestling how effective will it be? And will he be willing to initiate the grappling exchanges against a guy like Khabib (which imo is why tibau had so much success). I'd favor Khabib but Justin could chop the legs out, rock him on the feat and be a much bigger challenge to takedown and pass then any of his previous opponents.

Interesting matchup indeed.

Tibau was also a massive dude at that weight.

I’d stay away from the grappling against Khabib. There are so many unknowns with Justin’s grappling because he doesn’t use it. You’d think he’d be ok with his wrestling credentials, but Khabib’s takedowns are very diverse with judo, greco, freestyle, etc. A more measured approach from Justin and some movement might be the key for him.

Interesting matchup indeed.

Tibau was also a massive dude at that weight.

I’d stay away from the grappling against Khabib. There are so many unknowns with Justin’s grappling because he doesn’t use it. You’d think he’d be ok with his wrestling credentials, but Khabib’s takedowns are very diverse with judo, greco, freestyle, etc. A more measured approach from Justin and some movement might be the key for him.
Very true about Khabib's takedowns but I think part of the reason Tibau had so much success wasn't just because he was so good defensively at stuffing khabib's takedowns... it was because he was more diverse in his attacks than khabib and he mixed in takedown attempts of his own.

Most guys that fight Khabib don't try to take it to the ground. That makes the standup a lot easier on Khabib because he basically never has to worry about getting taken down (and if he does he almost welcomes it). If they fight I think Justin absolutely should try to take the fight to the mat in rnd 1. If it goes there and Khabib is just dominant and able to reverse him, so be it, but I think he needs to keep it as a core part of the gameplan.

I love the matchup either way. I think we are lucky to get to watch both of those fighters.

He's the real Mexican badass in the UFC.

Not one bit. I like stating facts tho.
What I stated was a fact as well. Also Khabib has been fighting 3 years longer and has faced 3 less opponents with wiki pages. Gaethje hasn't had to lay on strikers for 3 rds without being able to finish them either.

Back