Who would have more success at the weight class above - Jones or Khabib?

grapplingod

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think Jones loses to every ranked HW except Shamil and Oleinik.

I think Khabib loses to every ranked WW except Usman, Nate, and Pettis.

So I think Khabib ends up having slightly more success than Jones.

I think Jones loses to every ranked HW except Shamil and Oleinik.

I think Khabib loses to every ranked WW except Usman, Nate, and Pettis.

So I think Khabib ends up having slightly more success than Jones.

Bro you really trolling hard if you think Jones loses to 13 of the 15 ranked HWs.
1. He is 2-0 vs Cormier who can run through every fighter in the division.
2. You realize Jones would come in alot bigger and have zero cut to drain him. If he fought any one but Stipe he would be the betting favorite according to Vegas odds. He might even be favored over Stipe or a really small dog at most.

LMFAO. I've heard it all now

Bro you really trolling hard if you think Jones loses to 13 of the 15 ranked HWs.
1. He is 2-0 vs Cormier who can run through every fighter in the division.
2. You realize Jones would come in alot bigger and have zero cut to drain him. If he fought any one but Stipe he would be the betting favorite according to Vegas odds. He might even be favored over Stipe or a really small dog at most.
This, except I actually see Overeem as his toughest fight at HW oddly enough.

Jones has a skill set far superior to almost everyone at HW, people are just banking on the "punchers chance" at HW hoping someone can catch him despite being an inferior MMAist.

It's weird, it's like BB catching Volkov after getting beat in every way for 13.5 minutes but somehow landing that hail Mary makes him a better fighter, even though it was clearly proven he is not.

With that said though Reem is the most interesting fight because he actually does match up well skill for skill and could actually win the fight, not just land a hail Mary while getting his ass kicked.

I still wouldn't bet on it though, lol.

Jones ragdolled Cormier and dropped the Olympian multiple times both first and the rematch.

The same Cormier who beat Stipe, Lewis and can walk through the rest of the HW division.

So, no. Jones high IQ, long reach abilities, infinite stamina and steel legs will obliterate those fat fucks who can’t last 2 rounds.

Khabib by a mile.

Jones problem is that he doesn't hit hard enough for HW and most of the top guys are excellent grapplers. Plus his reach would be less of a factor.

Back