If Conor does't take this fight against Gaithje then he's definitely not serious about coming back..

GoshiShun17

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
This is the perfect opponent for him. Very dangerous, but very beatable for Conor IMO. More importantly he is feared and has the hype juice right now. @Frank McEdgar if your boy doesn't take advantage of this oppurtunity then he's officially retired.

The case DC put out for this fight was quite convincing. Hyped up, not a wrestler, next in line for TS.

Gaethje said he wants to fight real fighters

Conor isnt hungry anymore.

He just wants to be handed shit because he has turned into an entitled diva.

Money made him soft.

You're right TS. If he takes it that mean he was sincere about returning. If not he was just playing diva and trying to stay in the spotlight.

The case DC put out for this fight was quite convincing. Hyped up, not a wrestler, next in line for TS.
I have not gotten a chance to see it yet. But Justin is the perfect dance partner for McGregor right now. I would favor Conor personally but I can see the fight from both sides and I would be much more impressed with him beating Justin right now than his win over Alvarez.

Conor's going to wait for the winner of Diaz and Masvidal so he can get another shot at 'Gold'.

I like WATCHING Conor when he shows up as much as the next guy.

That being said, I cannot understand how he is still a factor at all. Justin is next in line for the Khabib x Ferguson winner. Conor is just a money fight, it seems like only Dana and commentators seem to bring him up now. Even the fighters (top contenders at that) are starting to move on from him. Don't know what my point is, guess I'm ranting. I would love to see Conor fight any of the top guys (except the champ) but it's hard to get excited about a guy who is proven to take ridiculously long breaks between fights and likely will again. Him being in these convos kind of take some of the shine off of the exciting match ups that are more likely to happen than his come back because it always comes back to "Conor would do this", "how would this person do against Conor"

/Endrant

I like WATCHING Conor when he shows up as much as the next guy.

That being said, I cannot understand how he is still a factor at all. Justin is next in line for the Khabib x Ferguson winner. Conor is just a money fight, it seems like only Dana and commentators seem to bring him up now. Even the fighters (top contenders at that) are starting to move on from him. Don't know what my point is, guess I'm ranting. I would love to see Conor fight any of the top guys (except the champ) but it's hard to get excited about a guy who is proven to take ridiculously long breaks between fights and likely will again. Him being in these convos kind of take some of the shine off of the exciting match ups that are more likely to happen than his come back because it always comes back to "Conor would do this", "how would this person do against Conor"

/Endrant
LOL I understand your frustration big fella. But the fact of the matter is whether we like it or not, the general public still views McGregor as the most popular MMA fighter to ever do it and he still brings buzz. He's still in his physical prime. Like I said, if he is serious, and I'm not sure if he is, then here's his chance to prove it. Otherwise I'm with you and the division and the sport will move on without him.

Good fight.
No instant rematch for Connie.
If he beats Gaethje, then fight Tony vs Khabib winner.
If no, rematch with Holloway/Poirier.

Conor would KO Gaethje I think. He's the perfect style for a guy like Conor who relishes counter punching aggressive opponents.

Back