What's Cowboy's best career win?

The Legendary Scarface

Record since UFC 266 : 51-34
@Black
Reaction score
Not surprising that Cowboy takes another L against a top 5 guy... What can you say, classic Cerrone .

Looking through his record to jog my memory, I wanted to figure out what his best win actually is, given the time, rankings , circumstance, etc.

I would say a prime Eddie in 2014 or maybe even Yancy??

What do you guys think?

The Benson Henderson win was good.

Eddie is up there too.

Eddie
Benson
Iaquinta

in order. All were top 5 caliber fighters when he beat them. The only times in his career where hes beaten guys on that upper echelon. U can alternate Iaquinta and Benson. Benson is better but that fight was really even and couldve went either way.

Eddie is easily Cowboys best win. He was a clear underdog and won a 2-1 decision, dropped a round early and got hurt and came back to win. He rarely is known as a comeback fighter and usually tends to fold more often than not specially if he gets cracked early like he did. Eddie was 25-3, an ATG LW in his purime and was coming off wins over Aoki, Patricky and Chandler, and was universally regarded as a top 5 LW (as high as #3 by some publications)

LMFAO @ Yancy are u high?

No comment.

Jk. But in all seriousness, I meant Alex Olievera I thought that was impressive at the time.

I dont think thats even a top 10 win for him TBH but he did dominate him

Eddie
Benson
Iaquinta
Story
Jury
Hernandez
Brown
Varner
Edson
Cote
Perry

were all better wins IMO

Yancy was prolly a better win than Oliveira considering he was on a nice little run and his last fight was a knockout win over Oliveira

Lol @ people bringing up that overrated journeyman Iaquinta (overrated mostly by Kebab nuthuggers)

Cowboy has 10 wins on his resume better than that dude

I dont think thats even a top 10 win for him TBH but he did dominate him

Eddie
Benson
Iaquinta
Story
Jury
Hernandez
Brown
Varner
Edson
Cote
Perry

were all better wins IMO

Yancy was prolly a better win than Oliveira considering he was on a nice little run and his last fight was a knockout win over Oliveira

Bro, some of those are way less impressive than the Oliveira win.
Jury? Story?
Aiquinta? Hernandez? Varner?
Stop it bro.

BTW the Stipe revenge AV is dope.

Bro, some of those are way less impressive than the Oliveira win.
Jury? Story?
Aiquinta? Hernandez? Varner?
Stop it bro.

BTW the Stipe revenge AV is dope.

Jury was 15-0, didnt fight the best comp but had a win over Johnson, first one to stop Gomi with sturikes too

Iaquinta is a way better win than Oliveira......thats not even worth entertaining

Story easily. WTF....were u not watching MMA back then? 3 fight win stureak beating Gunnar (who finished Oliveira recently) and Saffiedine. He also went to a split decision with Gastelum that many thought he won and he arguably beat Pyle as well which was another split decision he got hosed in. He couldve easily been on a 7 fight win stureak with wins over Pyle and Gastelum

Hernandez had wins over Dariush and OAM b2b, and after getting his ass kicked by Cowboy he beat Trinaldo

Varner was in the bottom 15 ranks much like Oliveira but he just lost the WEC LW title to Benson and he was up 2-0 before the finish and Cowboy shut him out

Alvarez and/or Henderson IMO, without a question

...followed by C. Oliveira, Stephens, J. Miller, Brown and Barboza

other honorable mentions: Castillo, Krause, Varner, Kelly, Siver, Guillard, Noons, Dunham, A. Martins, Jury, Makdessi, A. Oliveira, Cote, Story, Medeiros, Perry, Hernandez, Iaquinta

Lol @ people bringing up that overrated journeyman Iaquinta (overrated mostly by Kebab nuthuggers)

Cowboy has 10 wins on his resume better than that dude
Not saying Als elite, ut he beat Kevin Lee twice, and, tho disputed, Jorge Masvidal. Hes still a good win on a resume.

Back