400m - 800m - 1 mile times Competition

I'm in the same boat, those times I posted were from senior year of High School, 10 years ago. I haven't been in running shape since, swimming yes, running no.

To the OP, I either call work or you never ran the 800 or mile.

Someone who runs a 400 in 49 seconds will not say they ran 49, they will just come out an say something like 49.34 because they ran it in a meet with accutrack timing.

Also, if you were in shape to run a 49 second 400, you could have jogged an 800at least around 2:05 at the slowest. A comparable 800 time to a 49 second 400 is about 1:48 - 1:54 depending on how many miles you run per week.

good observation. a 2:36 800m means you're only doing a 1:18 400m, which is 29 SECONDS slower than your best 400. just picture that 800 on a track- first lap 53 seconds, maybe 55 at the slowest...then your next lap takes 1:41!!! yeah right. definite work on at least one of his times...given that, he's probably a straight bullshit artist.

good observation. a 2:36 800m means you're only doing a 1:18 400m, which is 29 SECONDS slower than your best 400. just picture that 800 on a track- first lap 53 seconds, maybe 55 at the slowest...then your next lap takes 1:41!!! yeah right. definite work on at least one of his times...given that, he's probably a straight bullshit artist.

amutuer bullshit artist

400m 51.2
800m 1:58.9
mile 4:44

times from high school....
have not gotten to a track in years....
time to go.

lol i think ur full of shit dude i find it hard to believe your like 4 seconds slower than the world record

There are plenty of high school and college kids with only marginal training who can run 49, even though it is about 6 seconds slower than the world record.

But somebody who can run 49 seconds won't talk about a 2:36 800, he would have no reason to.

All these are my highschool times, been three years since so in no where near the shape.
400- 50.8
800- 2:05 split, event after 1:24.3 600m
1600- 5:02

wow that a fast 400. thats a really good college track time. You should try competing in track meets in this race.

is that really that impressive for a 400? i can beat that i'm almost positive i have to try this out. p.s. my mile time was 4:24 and i know my first two 400's were below 55 easily.

edit: i didn't realize it was records i thought right now. my 1 mile record is 4:08 in the army that was a record at ft. knox at the time i'm not sure now.

is that really that impressive for a 400? i can beat that i'm almost positive i have to try this out. p.s. my mile time was 4:24 and i know my first two 400's were below 55 easily.

edit: i didn't realize it was records i thought right now. my 1 mile record is 4:08 in the army that was a record at ft. knox at the time i'm not sure now.

damn u fast

wow that a fast 400. thats a really good college track time. You should try competing in track meets in this race.

I think 49 will win you most high school meets, but you will need a 48ish or sub to do well in college . . . this all depends on your state's talent pool though, and your college division (i.e. California track times can't compete with times from say . . . Kansas or Alaska or something, and of course there's more talent in Stanford/USC/Cal than your local community college). But 49 is still at like 99 percentile of the general population . . .

Back