Since Stipe x Ngannou 1, did we see anything to make us believe the rematch goes differently?

The Legendary Scarface

Record since UFC 266 : 51-34
@Black
Reaction score
Stipe:
-Got slept once by getting caught by DC.
- Had a great ko victory in the DC rematch by coming back after getting pieced up and adapting while showing his chin, heart , fight iq and mental fortitude. Impressive.

Ngannou:
(All 1st round finishes)
- Starched 90 year old Cain
- TKOd an over the hill JDS
- TKOd Blaydes for the 2nd time

Takeaways :
Ngannou-
I didn't see anything new from Ngannou or have any evidence that he's improved since Stipe 1 because his wrestling and cardio hasn't been tested at all since then.

Stipe -
DC made him look way more hittable and if he eats any of those shots by Ngannou it could quickly end with a TKO. Stipe didn't really utilize much slipping of punches with DC but maybe that was just a choice. Him willing to eat punches would obviously be problematic vs The Predator.

All in all,
I have no fucking clue who wins in Ngannou x Stipe 2. A part of me thinks Francis KOs him badly and the other part thinks Stipe will mix it up well again and outclass Ngannou for the second time.

Such is the plight of picking a winner in MMA sometimes. What do you guys think?

Discuss

Ngannou with proper TDD and even just slightly better cardio will surely catch Stipe.
Francis is just a higher unit, he got humbled once what motivated him to become even a more feared monster. Current Ngannou wins rounds 1 and 2 vs fucking everybody on this planet. The problem is what if Stipe survives till rounds 3 and 4? But i don't think he will.

Huge ngannou fan here, but no we haven’t seen anything to prove he will definitely win the rematch.

Same as the first fight, it all depends on if stipe’s chin holds up until Francis gets tired.

Pulling for big frank to win the strap tho! Even tho stipe is a hell of a champion and seems like a great guy.

Yes
Stipe ajusting his strategy wisely lead me to think he could finish Ngannou this time.

Ngannou, by his own accord, still doesn't train wrestling. People are delusional if they think he's ever gonna be world champ like this.

Stipe:
-Got slept once by getting caught by DC.
- Had a great ko victory in the DC rematch by coming back after getting pieced up and adapting while showing his chin, heart , fight iq and mental fortitude. Impressive.

Ngannou:
(All 1st round finishes)
- Starched 90 year old Cain
- TKOd an over the hill JDS
- TKOd Blaydes for the 2nd time

Takeaways :
Ngannou-
I didn't see anything new from Ngannou or have any evidence that he's improved since Stipe 1 because his wrestling and cardio hasn't been tested at all since then.

Stipe -
DC made him look way more hittable and if he eats any of those shots by Ngannou it could quickly end with a TKO. Stipe didn't really utilize much slipping of punches with DC but maybe that was just a choice. Him willing to eat punches would obviously be problematic vs The Predator.

All in all,
I have no fucking clue who wins in Ngannou x Stipe 2. A part of me thinks Francis KOs him badly and the other part thinks Stipe will mix it up well again and outclass Ngannou for the second time.

Such is the plight of picking a winner in MMA sometimes. What do you guys think?

Discuss
Ngannou went nuts in the first vs stipe and gassed bad. Stipe still could not hurt him. Stipe was busted up worse than ngannou easy. In a rematch I see a controlled ngannou ktfo stipe or getting a dec.
Stipe could win a dec but unlikely. Ngannou can just stand in one spot and wing away at stipe. Stipe don’t want none of that power.

Ngannou, by his own accord, still doesn't train wrestling. People are delusional if they think he's ever gonna be world champ like this.

Well I wouldn't call them delusional. Its not out of the realm of possibility. Ngannou is a tank.

He doesn't train wrestling ?? I assume works atleast on his TDD. By the way the guy has never wrestled in his life until his 30's.

Yes
Stipe ajusting his strategy wisely lead me to think he could finish Ngannou this time.
Bwahahaha. Ngannou was nearly dead from exhaustion in the second round. Stipe didn’t hurt him at all in the whole fight.

I'd favour Ngannou. He's fitter now and Stipe was lucky to avoid those shots

Ngannou with proper TDD and even just slightly better cardio will surely catch Stipe.
Francis is just a higher unit, he got humbled once what motivated him to become even a more feared monster. Current Ngannou wins rounds 1 and 2 vs fucking everybody on this planet. The problem is what if Stipe survives till rounds 3 and 4? But i don't think he will.
Slightly better cardio? In the first fight he gassed after 3 minutes. Slightly better cardio means the additional 22 minutes?

Stipe get's the W once again against Francis, but once again Francis shortens Stipe's lifespan with a couple of years. Stipe by TKO in the 3th round

Ngannou fought differently in their first fight than anytime in his career. That's a fact. If he fights the way he normally does, he sleeps Stipe with ease.

Ngannou-

Well, you didnt see the leg kicks Ngannou landed in the JDS fight, that's new

If he's blocking punches with his head again he's going out.

He's clearly been working on his TDD and using strikes to defend TDs, stipes road to victory is now much tighter and I don't think ngannou would blow his load looking for a finish again.

We should not forget, that even the gassed and wrestlefucked Ngannou dropped some really bombs on Stipe in the 4th round.
Stipes chin was excellent on that day…. but DC showed (and also Overeem) that its not impossible to hurt Stipe bad.

I really thought, that Ngannou was only a hypetrain after that scared fight against Lewis. It was a desaster, lets be honest!
But: I never thought he could KO Curtis Blaydes, who was a very bad matchup for him. And than he KTFO Cain impressive. And even against dos Santos Ngannou rocked the place.

I think: Ngannou will finish Stipe in the first round.

Back