OSP
Ed Herman
Smilin' Sam
Gian Villante
Latifi
Lil Nog
Cummins
Cirkunov

I feel like Lil Nog should call it a career, he is 43 and he’s had 5 fights in 5 years and just had a pretty rough knockout loss in his last fight

Arlovski won his last fight, and looked pretty good doing it.

I dont think they will ever cut Arlovski. Hes one of the few draws they got at HW. He might not be exciting anymore but his fans will pay to see him. Similar to Crocop.

None of those LHW are in danger of being cut..

Arlovski has a job for life, they won't cut him, he will leave if he retires. Arlovski always shows up and rarely ever pulls out of fights, he actually is one of the best on entire UFC roster at not pulling out of fights and he has had tons and tons in UFC. The UFC like him a lot.. he will show up if UFC want to promote a new talent against a name, and he will give them good work and not refuse to fight up and comers.

Somewhere Scott Coker's reading this thread...

<{jackyeah}>

Arlovski is coming off of a win, is competing at the thinnest weight class, is a huge name, and one could argue he has won his last 3... he is not getting cut even if he lost 2 more fights via KO.

Rothwell's loss to Ivanov was controversial as well and he is extremely unlikely to be cut in such a thin division. Shit list is shit

I think they've changed the rules about getting cut quite a bit. I remember back in the day it was 2 or 3 consecutive losses and you were cut. I see a lot of fighters sticking around now that should've been cut a while ago. I think, at this point, if they like you, and your fights are fun to watch, you're not going anywhere.

There are plenty just at HW and LHW...

HW

Arlovski
Oleynik
Rothwell
Marcos Rogerio de Lima

LHW
OSP
Ed Herman
Smilin' Sam
Gian Villante
Latifi
Lil Nog
Cummins
Cirkunov
Those are the two thinnest divisions. You have to lose like 5 really bad ones in a row to even get considered for cutting.

Seriously doubt they'd cut Latifi. He's still ranked and still has a winning record in UFC, in one of the thinnest divisions.

Plus his fights are always exciting. Dana and Co are notoriously forgiving of losses as long as they're exciting.

Back