I’m disappointed in aldo and jones

killakillakilla

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Aldo complained for years about how hard the cut was to get to FW, teases moving to LW and then refuses too even after clearing out the FW division and a high profile fight with Pettis waiting for him at LW. Now he’s challenging Cejudo at 135. That doesn’t make any sense.

Jones says moving to HW is inevitable. He has challenged Brock Lesnar in the past. But he refuses to fight DC at HW, even though he has beat DC in the past and has a massive height and reach advantage.

Compare that to fighters like Anderson who was happy to fight at lhw and BJ who preferred to fight bigger guys at ww even though he would most likely lose to them.

Last edited:
tenor.gif

Aldo complained for years about how hard the cut was to get to FW, teases moving to LW and then refuses too even after clearing out the FW division and a high profile fight with Pettis waiting for him at LW. Now he’s challenging Cejudo at 135. That doesn’t make any sense.

Jones says moving to HW is inevitable. He has challenged Brock Lesnar in the past. But he refuses to fight DC at HW, even though he has beat DC in the past and has a massive height and weight advantage.

Compare that to fighters like Anderson who was happy to fight at lhw and BJ who preferred to fight bigger guys at ww even though he would most likely lose to them.
Aldo tried forever to get a fight at LW. Dana told him he's stripped of the 145 belt if he did. Look this shit up before making dumb posts man

In Aldo's case, Dana was not having it and gave him an ultimatum - he had to give up the FW belt if he wanted to fight Pettis. It wasn't like it is now where everyone and their mother is given the opportunity without having to risk their belt, which, with Aldo's case, was a hell of a lot more meaningful than these guys who've had 1 or 2 title defenses.

DC is heavier than Jones. Sure, he could lose some fat - but since he doesn't, fact is he's heavier than Jones.

I understand that but Jones has over a foot in reach advantage and a huge height advantage over DC as well. Jones isn’t scared of DCs weight advantage; he just doesn’t want to fight DC if DC doesn’t have to dehydrate and starve himself prior to the fight.

Aldo tried forever to get a fight at LW. Dana told him he's stripped of the 145 belt if he did. Look this shit up before making dumb posts man

Yes I know that but why hasn’t he fought at LW since? And after years of complaining of the weight cut to 145 he now wants to fight at 135?

Trust me I’ve always been a huge fan of Aldo but it doesn’t make sense to me.

Aldo wanted to fight Pettis and become the first double champ. Ufc told him no ge has to vacate 145 belt first.

Pettis opted to come down but got injured at ufc 163

I understand that but Jones has over a foot in reach advantage and a huge height advantage over DC as well. Jones isn’t scared of DCs weight advantage; he just doesn’t want to fight DC if DC doesn’t have to dehydrate and starve himself prior to the fight.
Lol
Doubt DC starved himself much in the last 10 years.

Yes I know that but why hasn’t he fought at LW since? And after years of complaining of the weight cut he now wants to fight at 135?

Trust me I’ve always been a huge fan of Aldo but it doesn’t make sense to me.
You are just putting blame on the wrong person. Aldo had bad bias against him, especially after Conor got the treatment Aldo fought for, for many years. Also Aldo won't drop to 135, as much as it would be a fun fight he's not making the weight cut. He would also be really small for LW with the guys who fight there now.

Aldo wanted to fight Pettis and become the first double champ. Ufc told him no ge has to vacate 145 belt first.

Pettis opted to come down but got injured at ufc 163

See hers the thing, why was it such a big deal for Aldo to vacate the fw belt so he can fight for the LW belt? He had already cleared out the FW division like twice at that point and, if he were to lose to pettis, he can just go back down to FW. I bet the UFC would’ve given him an immediate title shot.

Is it much of a difference to win the fw belt, vacate and then win the Lw belt instead of holding both belts at the same time?

See hers the thing, why was it such a big deal for Aldo to vacate the fw belt so he can fight for the LW belt? He had already cleared out the FW division like twice at that point and, if he were to lose to pettis, he can just go back down to FW. I bet the UFC would’ve given him an immediate title shot.

Is it much of a difference to win the fw belt, vacate and then win the Lw belt instead of holding both belts at the same time?

He wanted to defend both. He said he could. UFC said no, then 3 or 4 years later they say yes to another fighter in the same division. I understand why they didnt let him but it was clear hypocrisy.

Jones says moving to HW is inevitable. He has challenged Brock Lesnar in the past. But he refuses to fight DC at HW, even though he has beat DC in the past and has a massive height and weight advantage.

I appreciate amazing fighters who don’t mind the challenge of fighting bigger opponents. I give a lot of praise towards these people and don’t hold it against them or call them shitty fighters if they lose.

Unfortunately many people on here think if you lose then you are a bum, and they don’t know what ducking tougher competition is. These people would rather see a guy retire early or not fight at all in order to preserve their favorite fighters record.

I'm disappointed that they didn't renew eastbound and down 3 years ago.

He wanted to defend both. He said he could. UFC said no, then 3 or 4 years later they say yes to another fighter in the same division. I understand why they didnt let him but it was clear hypocrisy.

Sure I agree with you there

Aldo tried to fight Khabib for the interim LW belt but Khabib refused. He also tried to fight Pettis at LW but Dana didn't let him without relinquishing his FW belt

Aldo tried to fight Khabib for the interim LW belt but Khabib refused. He also tried to fight Pettis at LW but Dana didn't let him without relinquishing his FW belt

I totally forgot that he challenged Khabib. Thanks for the reminder; that changes things a bit for me.

After clearing out the fw division a couple times, I don’t think vacating the belt to fight the LW champ would have been a big deal. I wish he agreed to it in all honesty

People should appreciate the fighters that don't give a shit about weight so much more. Fedor, BJ, Saku, Big Nog etc...absolute GOATs.

I genuinely have no clue how he’ll make BW

During the weight cut vs Stephens he said he stopped it because he didn’t think he could do it, then one of his coaches made up a stat that most people that miss weight lose and that motivated Aldo to keep going

Pretty funny story actually

People should appreciate the fighters that don't give a shit about weight so much more. Fedor, BJ, Saku, Big Nog etc...absolute GOATs.

Yup some of my favorite fighters there and I would honestly include DC. Every fight of his he looks like he’s fighting someone towering over him.

Back