Should Stipe stay at 230lbs?

Hatorade

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I feel like it's a more optimal weight for him. Whie Stipe has always had the skill set to be top of the food chain he has shown issues with stamina before. DC even said that Stipe didn't feel any weaker, and
It was quite obvious that the drop in weight paid off in regards to stamina.

I think that if anything what's Stipe's weight drop showed us is that Jon Jones is very well suited for the heavyweight division. I would speculate that Jones would come in about 230lbs and in tremendous shape in a heavyweight bout.

I still think Jones beats Stipe, even after his recent slip in performance

Jon has that clutch gene where he performs best when the stakes are highest

That's called drugs.

So he was 233 lbs on fight night but I think this isn't his normal one and he is getting older.. I fully expect him to be 245 lbs when we see him on the scale next time.

Depends on the fight. It affects how you train and your training affects your shape.

But Stipe just said he wasn't doing anything different, that it's been a hot summer for him and he's been sweating a lot. Also, he just had a kid. You don't really get to take care of yourself as much when the kid consumes all of the attention. Seen plenty of new parents eat super fast, Pelican-style just to get some fuel in before getting back to parenting work. Even Max has talked about this, how hectic it can get.

Last edited:
He can cut to 205, Jones is 225-230

He stood there like a punching bag for 3 rounds. He had to have been in shape to eat the shots he ate.

I feel like it's a more optimal weight for him. Whie Stipe has always had the skill set to be top of the food chain he has shown issues with stamina before. DC even said that Stipe didn't feel any weaker, and
It was quite obvious that the drop in weight paid off in regards to stamina.

I think that if anything what's Stipe's weight drop showed us is that Jon Jones is very well suited for the heavyweight division. I would speculate that Jones would come in about 230lbs and in tremendous shape in a heavyweight bout.

Stipe's coming for the 205 belt. You can run but you can't hide, Jon Jones.

Based on his Santos fights and all his other fights where he fights guys of similar height and reach to himself I would pick Stipe over Jones by TKO/KO.

246 vs Ngannou, Overeem, JDS, DC
241 vs Werdum
230 (233 on Fight Night) vs DC

He should try to get below 220lb next and go after Jones.

If your chicken legs won't come up I'll come down kind of stuff.

Based on his Santos fights and all his other fights where he fights guys of similar height and reach to himself I would pick Stipe over Jones by TKO/KO.
Jones has an identical reach to Struve

stipe-struve.gif

Jones by rape confirmed

stipe-struve.gif

Jones by rape confirmed

His punching power is no where near Struve's and Stipe is much better now, plus Stipe gets eye poked and slips in this gif.

His power is no where near Struve's and Stipe is much better now, plus Stipe gets eye poked and slips in this gif.
And Struve's chin, athleticism, skill, and fight IQ are nowhere near Jones'

<JonesLaugh>

And Struve's chin, athleticism, skill, and fight IQ are nowhere near Jones'

<JonesLaugh>

Okay, keep talking you're MMA math gibberish I guess. How Stipe did against Struve or how Jones compares to Struve has nothing to do with how Stipe vs Jones would go. Jones and Struve are not similar fighters.

stipe-struve.gif

Jones by rape confirmed

I also noticed that eye poke that struve landed, right before all the shit landed..stipe even reacted to it...watch it close.

He stood there like a punching bag for 3 rounds. He had to have been in shape to eat the shots he ate.
And none of those shots were really significant, Stipe ate them like a champ and wasn't even dazed. The eye poke did more damage than those 200 pillow punches

Back