Matt Brown (21-16) vs. Ben Saunders (22-12)

Matt vs. Ben

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Matt-Brown-14310
https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Ben-Saunders-10339

Matt Brown will make his return to action at UFC 245 on Dec. 14 when he faces Ben Saunders in a welterweight showdown in Las Vegas.

Sources close to the contest confirmed the news to MMA Fighting on Friday following an initial report from the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

Brown last fought in 2017 when he demolished Diego Sanchez with a brutal first round knockout in what he had initially teased as his retirement bout. The Ohio native opted to continue fighting and he was then scheduled to meet former interim champion Carlos Condit, but he suffered a torn ACL in his knee that required surgery.

Now healthy and running his own facility in Columbus, OH, Brown is ready to return as he faces another welterweight veteran in December.

Saunders will look to stop the bleeding on a three-fight losing streak that stands as the longest of his career.

The former American Top Team fighter most recently competed in April when he suffered a second-round knockout courtesy of Takashi Sato. Saunders will look to get back on track following his last win in 2018 when he finished Jake Ellenberger less than two minutes into the opening round.

- MMAFighting.com

I got the technical brawler in this one.:meow:

What did Ben do to piss off the UFC brass?

Not sure why Saunders wants this fight. It is high risk for not only a loss, but extreme damage. He can't really afford another loss, and he doesn't want to end his career a bloody mess.

Damn, Ben's last 7 defeats have all been via stoppage

Love both these guys, don't really want to see them fight but I will force myself, shit has violence written all over it.

If Ben can dig to the gut early he has a good chance of getting this done, otherwise Matt is gonna get all 8 points covered in Ben's blood

Matt Brown all day.. Still a big fan of the guy

Either guy can win. Fully expect chaos to occur.

Elbows will be thrown.

Great match up. I went with Ben. He has the size and length, and his back is against the wall.

Either way, wonderful just bleed fight.

I just think Brown is too durable and Saunders always gets finished.

Hope browns wins and then retires. Its always nice to go out on a win

Still salty that Brown got a friendship fatality from Cerrone ...

War Brown !

giphy.gif

I love Ben. Really nice guy that takes time to interact with the fans - with that said, I don’t want him taking any more damage. The Jouban KO was enough

Saunders is getting KO'd again. The UFC needs to quit giving him fights.

Meh, shit fight. Not easy to get for a fight excited between two guys who couldn’t sniff the top ten but could sniff powder all day.

Not sure why Saunders wants this fight. It is high risk for not only a loss, but extreme damage. He can't really afford another loss, and he doesn't want to end his career a bloody mess.

Brown is 5-5 in his last 10, and he got put away in 3 of those, including by a completely shot Jake Ellenberger.

I like and respect both guys, but neither of them are really UFC caliber at this point in their careers. Brown is coming off a two year layoff and knee surgery, and is on a .500 run. He's as beatable of a 'name' opponent as you can get in the division.

Back