What Khabib matchup will Khabib x Dustin most resemble?

The Legendary Scarface

Record since UFC 266 : 51-34
@Black
Reaction score
Will Khabib x Dustin look like:

Khabib x Barboza:
25 rounds of absolute suffering for Barboza. Maybe the most terrifying display of GnP Khabib has ever put on?

Khabib x Johnson :
Dominant grappling for a couple rounds leading to a submission finish by Khabib on the ground?

Khabib x Conor: A couple rounds of control on the ground , with a big punch on the feet but a round of striking before the sub on the ground again?

Khabib x Iaquinta:
A couple rounds of grappling dominance with the last 2 or 3 rounds being on the feet and Khabib jabbing his way to a UD?

OR are these all too similar and I'm just reaching by even trying to talk about diversity between Khabib's victories when its always the same shit?

Discuss..

McGregor-Khabib
Only difference being Dustin gets the KO in round 3. He’s targeting the later rounds and I think he’ll do it.

No, Khabib.

But I think Poirier will be his toughest fight thus far.

Agreed.
Sometimes I wonder if there is an actual kryptonite for Khabib or if his grappling experience is just too extensive for someone to match in a few months and he's just better.

Khabib usually takes the 3rd round off and i think Dustin is going all chips in that 3rd round window to stop khabib

I really don't get it. What do people see in Dustin that's any better than his other opponents? Yeah, he won some fights standing in spectacular fashion, but I've seen posters say he has the best ground game of anyone Khabib's ever faced thus far.

Does no one remember RDA? I'd say he has a better ground game than Dustin. And it's not like we've even seen Dustin on the ground since his embarrassingly lopsided loss to KZ, which he got dominated on the ground in.

Is this just another case of, wishful thinking for the Khabib haters? And his stand up is good, but I don't see how it's any better than RDA, or Conor's. And his stamina isn't really all that spectacular. He's looked winded in a lot of his past fights, which were mainly stand up fights.

I just don't see it with Dustin.

I don’t believe in the narrative Khabib takes rounds off.

Agreed.
Sometimes I wonder if there is an actual kryptonite for Khabib or if his grappling experience is just too extensive for someone to match in a few months and he's just better.

The guy is doing it since he's 5 years old, and not for fun/to be a bad ass but for the legacy of his trainer, his father.
Knowing the traditional culture he's coming from it's easy to understand that he has 25 years of dedication behind him.
That's why he's so good.

So no he doesn't have a kryptonite, he's better, still can lose tho, that's MMA, a punch and it can be over.

Khabib usually takes the 3rd round off and i think Dustin is going all chips in that 3rd round window to stop khabib
I really don't get it. What do people see in Dustin that's any better than his other opponents? Yeah, he won some fights standing in spectacular fashion, but I've seen posters say he has the best ground game of anyone Khabib's ever faced thus far.

Does no one remember RDA? I'd say he has a better ground game than Dustin. And it's not like we've even seen Dustin on the ground since his embarrassingly lopsided loss to KZ, which he got dominated on the ground in.

Is this just another case of, wishful thinking for the Khabib haters? And his stand up is good, but I don't see how it's any better than RDA, or Conor's. And his stamina isn't really all that spectacular. He's looked winded in a lot of his past fights, which were mainly stand up fights.

I just don't see it with Dustin.

I think its the trajectory of his career since the MJ loss and hes constantly improving nowadays.

He's gotten better at everything and truly has clean ass boxing for an MMArtist.
Look at his last W vs Max - That's impressive dude. Max is a tall order and he hurt him like no one has.

He will be prepared and Khabib has his work cut out for him. At least until the first couple TDs. We'll see

Agreed.
Poirier has good power and boxing. Decent wrestling.

He needs to come in mentally strong and not be too afraid of the takedown if he wants to have success.

If he comes in hesitant and on his backfoot, Khabib will just pressure him, take him down and tire him out. And basically do what Khabib does.

Poirier has all the tools to pull it off but it all depends on his mindset and gameplan going into this.

But I still think Khabib will get his hand raised.

None of them because Poirier is going to put the hands on him and win the biggest fight of his career. Poirier TKO rd 2

The guy is doing it since he's 5 years old, and not for fun/to be a bad ass but for the legacy of his trainer, his father.
Knowing the traditional culture he's coming from it's easy to understand that he has 25 years of dedication behind him.
That's why he's so good.

So no he doesn't have a kryptonite, he's better, still can lose tho, that's MMA, a punch and it can be over.
The best wrestler he fought was Tibau, and he went like 0 for 20 on TDs and got ragdolled twice to the ground himself.
I see an actual wrestler with cardio like Gillespie giving him a lot of trouble.
Tony is his kryptonite. Khabib takes rounds off because he gasses, while Tony picks up the pace. He'd d'arce a bloody beaten down Khabib in late 4th/5th off a sloppy panic shot. That's why Dana is keeping him far away from a title fight.

It will look just like the Khabib x Michael Johnson fight. Poirier has zero chance against Khabib. next

Agreed.
yea because dustin has grappled for a few months. Going to be hard for khabib to grapple when hes getting boxed up

The best wrestler he fought was Tibau, and he went like 0 for 20 on TDs and got ragdolled twice to the ground himself.
I see an actual wrestler with cardio like Gillespie giving him a lot of trouble.
Tony is his kryptonite. Khabib takes rounds off because he gasses, while Tony picks up the pace. He'd d'arce a bloody beaten down Khabib in late 4th/5th off a sloppy panic shot. That's why Dana is keeping him far away from a title fight.
Using a decade old fight is not a argument..
No one at LW currently, has the TDD that prime juiced Tibau possessed.

Tibau was a roided monster with the best TDD in the history of UFC.
And it was 7 years ago.
Gillespie is the flavor of the month but totally untested and still fighting against weak opposition, never fight a top 10 fighter.
Ferguson is the most competitive but still not "khabib kryptonite", Khabib is not "Ferguson Kryptonite" too.
Khabib is better on the ground, Ferguson BJJ is high level but not at all equivalent, and Ferguson is better in stand up.
Let's hope Khabib wins so we will have this dream match.

Back