Media Conor McGregor calling for Frankie Edgar fight is genius

VIPERdude

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Disclaimer: NOT A CONOR SUPER FAN
But I like him as a fighter, I am not a fan of his outside of the octagon antics but thats what happens when you reach the peak.

The interview he just did with Ariel was great and they touched upon lots of points, he discussed lots of fights he would like, and settle for.

Conor brought up Frankie Edgar, and how he was MOVED by the great things Frankie said about him. "I want to be able to tell my grand kidS I fought Conor McGregor" and McGregor said in so many words he would respectfully be basically honored to fight "The Answer".

NOW MY QUESTION FOR YOU SHERDOG MEMBERS IF I MAY...
  • Do you feel Conor is actually making a good strategic move calling for Frankie when he knows he is on a 2 loss skid in combat sports against Mayweather and Khabib and knows he needs to fight somebody that he likely will beat and beat handily. In the least its a winnable fight for him.​
  • OR do you think that Conor really truly respects Frankie Edgar and really would give Frankie that luck of the Irish Conor lottery ticket after he said how it moved him and feels the fans would want to see it.

MY opinion, it would be a great comeback fight for him. He can get back in the win column.​
[/i]
TIME STAMPED FRANKIE FIGHT TALK

D I S C U S S

Last edited:
Probably both? Underneath the public persona Conor probably respects a lot of fighters. Including guys he's beat and trashed publicly like Aldo, Poirier, Holloway

Frankies moving down to 135

Conor should fight Dan Quinn.

Edgar moving to 135. Conor cant even make 145. Fuck outta here

he never fights frankie now, not ever.
Frankie said something complimentary as fck and Conor reacted - but Dana wasn't having it.
It wouldn't be a good fight. Frankie's too small.

Third option:

It's a load of bullshit, AKA Conor's calling card.

Disclaimer: NOT A CONOR SUPER FAN
But I like him as a fighter, I am not a fan of his outside of the octagon antics but thats what happens when you reach the peak.

The interview he just did with Ariel was great and they touched upon lots of points, he discussed lots of fights he would like, and settle for.

Conor brought up Frankie Edgar, and how he was MOVED by the great things Frankie said about him. "I want to be able to tell my grand kidS I fought Conor McGregor" and McGregor said in so many words he would respectfully be basically honored to fight "The Answer".

NOW MY QUESTION FOR YOU SHERDOG MEMBERS IF I MAY...
  • Do you feel Conor is actually making a good strategic move calling for Frankie when he knows he is on a 2 loss skid in combat sports against Mayweather and Khabib and knows he needs to fight somebody that he likely will beat and beat handily. In the least its a winnable fight for him.​

• OR do you think that Conor really truly respects Frankie Edgar and really would give Frankie that luck of the Irish Conor lottery ticket after he said how it moved him and feels the fans would want to see it.

MY opinion, it would be a great comeback fight for him. He can get back in the win column.​

TIME STAMPED FRANKIE FIGHT TALK

D I S C U S S[/I]

Anthony Joshua has reached the peak.
Canelo has reached the peak.
Manny Pacquiao reached the peak.
Wladimir reached the peak.

The list is endless and none were cunts so this 'reaching the peak' excuse won't work buddy.

Conor has always liked frankie. It seemed more like he was just expressing his respect for frankie by saying he'd fight him.

On another note: What the Fuck do I need to create threads in this forum?

It’s moronic because it makes him look like he’s scared of serious competition and furthers the narrative that he’s not the same fighter.

Would it be smart for Miocic to call out a fight with Cejudo or when Cejudo went all Andy Kaufman and challenged Svchenko? No, Cejudo looked like a bitch for doing it and challenge smaller people to fights makes you look like a bully and afraid to fight people your size.

McGregor’s pretty much done as a serious contender as seen with this ridiculous Edgar example.

For 1 Frankie has already said he's moving to 135, but I'm sure he'd put that on hold for a big payday against the con-man. Also, I'm sure this is a strategic move since Frankie is a well known name, former champion etc... But, he's also undersized and past his prime, so co-man is looking at this as an easy way to get some of his "stroke" back.

Frankie Edgar's time has come and gone now. Why the hell would I wanna see Edgar fight Mcgregor now.

It's a good fight for Conor because his chances against Edgar at this point are most definitely in his favor.

Last edited:
Back