Conor: Khabib ran away the first round and I didnt take him seriously and had a bad camp!

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Damn, Ariel was asking hard questions and wasn't holding back one bit.

Cliffs:

- Asked if its too late for redemption, he said maybe but hope not

- Knows he was 100 percent in the wrong with old man

- Needs to not get baited with cell phone incident

- Its important to not dwell on the negative behavior

- Became optimistic seeing Nate and Stipe win

- Mentions how Royce built this house but he is the one putting the real bricks

- Wants to make a generational change and will never retire from the fight game

- Lost to Floyd because he didn't take the time to understand proper conventional boxing

- Looking to rekindle his relationship with his MMA coaches since its not good right now

- Badly injured his hand in the boxing exhibition which was supposed to be just a spar

He mentions near end of interview that he took Khabib lightly because he ran away the first round and thought he was going to be easy prey but then got caught with a lucky punch!

Go to 30:10 minute mark. He starts talking about Khabib

He mentions near end of interview that he took Khabib lightly because he ran away the first round and thought he was going to be easy prey but then got caught with a lucky punch!

Go to 30:10 minute mark. He starts talking about Khabib
Why you bumping your thread?

There's a reason no one posted in it.

Shit was posted yesterday

Several months ago, he said he respected Khabib's game too much by playing it way too defensively

Now he's saying he screwed up by not taking him serious enough

Hmm...

"I am humble in victory and defeat !" nothing worse than hypocrites ...

Conor cracks me up. How anyone could claim Khabib was running away is hilarious!

What sucks the most imo is that damaged left hand. Bad hand injuries are extremely hard to heal right and usually end up being recurring injuries. One solid left to a forehead and boom there goes his only deadly weapon.

Conor McGregor's big book of excuses, now available as an audiobook

Cocaine is a helluva drug lol

nothing new, same old excuses, same old drunken and coked up hypocrite.

I think Conor should just acknowledge the truth: styles make fights and Khabib is a nightmare matchup for his skill set. Karate stance begging to be single legged, counter striking against a bear whose threats of takedowns make counterstriking extremely difficult, add to that Conor's questionable gas tank and an only okay ground game and it's Game, Set, Match the moment the Octagon door closes.

I'm not saying Conor has absolutely no avenue for victory against Khabib, but it's not shameful to admit your skillset is just not suited to your opponent.

So before the fight he was "ready for war, ready for every situation, prepared " and posted pics every other day on social media of him in shape and training

After the fight he "wasn't fully committed and didn't have a proper camp and his foot was broken"?

Common man..

Blah blah blah.
Khabib beat your ass. Move on.

Back