When Did Chris Weidman Lose his Fight IQ?

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
He was undefeated up until the Rockhold fight.
Then every fight after that seemed like the engine broke down and had problems functioning again.

What happened?

When his opponents stopped break dancing.

Teh Chris wins, until he's not...

LOL...

I always say here that he survives on older Brazilians a way past their primes and nothing more. He was a nobody then and he is a nobody now, what's the news?

1-4 on last 5, 1 win against a WW midget and 4 KTFOs suffered. He was never that good, that's the truth. Deal with it.

Last edited:
I use to think he beat Silva because he was the better fighter but looking back on it in retrospect, he really did luck out twice.

Then every fight after that seemed like the engine broke down and had problems functioning again.

What happened?

Seems like after his two bum knee surgeries and not having that IV for re-hydration really took the wind out of his caboose.
I remember watching his earlier training videos and he was doing lifting and other things for strength that he had to abandon after the knee surgeries. I guess he didn't go see the same guy GSP went to see...But then again, Georges wasn't the same missile either after his two knees were worked on.(He used to double leg guys like a missile firing off...He looked normal after.)

Once he felt that he didn't have an advantage over Rockhold anywhere, it all went to shit. Same thing in the Mousasi, Romero and I guess Jacare fight.

He couldn't just default to his wrestling or striking because they were either able to match him there or did things better than him. Against Kelvin he could exploit his wrestling and grappling advantage, and that was that fight.

What happened?
This is probably one of the biggest UFC mysteries. I suspect he took a lot of head shots in training, maybe even prior to the Anderson fights. And the timing of Anderson being old and clowning + Weidman beating him just gave him the illusion that he was a world killer.

When he threw the wheel kick and took a shit load of damage. IMO it's not just your chin that diminishes with damage(though it varies how quickly person to person), you're reflexes also diminish and Weidman was never a fast guy but used to have great timing, good reflexes, and a good chin now he doesn't.

Also, never that good? I mean 'beat' declining andy. and honestly, andy gave him the first fight, and just freak accident 2nd fight.

LOL...

I always say here that he survives on older brazilian way past their primes and nothing more. That's the truth. He was a nobody then and he is a nobody now, what's the news?

1-4 on last 5, 4 KTFOs. He was never that good, that's the truth. Deal with it.

Shogun
Vitor
Machida...

Oh shit son, Jones has the same past it Brazilian guys on his list!<Arya01>

Now they can be friends and have sleepovers and shit, maybe JJ can share his juicebox with Weedman too.<Jaime01>

Just look at his record. He was never the same after he won against Vitor Belfort. He's lost 3 out of since then and his only win was against Gastelum whom he is much larger than.

What happened?

What happened?
Fight with Rockhold was very close till Weidman tried shitty spinning kick and Rockhold took him down. Since this moment Weidman was smashed. Rockhold have great top game, Machida slipped in Rockhold fight so its little bit similar. Rockhold is a monster on the ground but on the feet if you can pressure him and land some good shots you can win the fight against him.

Romero fight.. Fight was very close till freak Romero flew in the air and landed huge knee what was beautiful counter for Weidman takedown attempt. Weidman have good performance again but he got KOed again.

Mousasi fight.. Weidman won 1st round if I remember correctly. But he slowed down and he tried to get DQ win like a pussy. Thats what happened. Weidman was tired and tried to win by dq.

Gastelum fight.. Weidman had little bit a problem with Gastelum speed and boxing, but he used his wrestling and size advantage very well and submitted top 5 fighter. Very good performance.

Jacare fight. Very close fight. I think Weidman was winning on scorecards but Jacare landed huge overhand right and knocked him out. Jacare is a top middleweight like Romero and Mousasi.

Weidman is still a great fighter. He's not speed demon but his striking technically is very good and his wrestling&grappling is world class. Reyes have wholes in his game especially wrestling. Weidman can outwrestle and outgrapple him. Weidman will have more cardio and his chin will be better at 205 withouth cutting weight. On the feet Reyes should destroy him, on the ground Weidman should destroy him. Great fight.

Shogun
Vitor
Machida...

Oh shit son, Jones has the same past it Brazilian guys on his list!<Arya01>

Now they can be friends and have sleepovers and shit, maybe JJ can share his juicebox with Weedman too.<Jaime01>
This can't be serious... Casuals everywhere...

How old Vitor and Lyoto were when they fought Jones? You got a chance to STFU but lost it, I see.

Enjoy the SALT PARTY over there:
main_900.jpg

giphy.gif

He had a mental edge and now it's gone. Also The Chris has been plagued by back and neck injuries.

This can't be serious... Casuals everywhere...

How old Vitor and Lyoto was when they fought Jones? You got a chance to STFU but lost it, I see.

I love it when they get hurt like this...Like you kicked their dog.

It's just a roidhead who doesn't care about you bra...Don't be so invested.

It's a joke, not a dick...We all know now that you can take both kiddo.<JagsKiddingMe>

Back