Silva, Max, and Tony have the highest finish rate in extended UFC win streaks

TheSpider

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Silva - 16 fight win streak, 14 finishes (12 KO, 2 Sub), 10 title defenses

Holloway - 13 fight win streak, 10 finishes (8 KO, 2 Sub), 2 title defenses

Ferguson - 12 fight win streak, 9 finishes (3 KO, 6 Sub)

3 finishing machines. 3 awesome fighters
89252EDB-F673-4204-935F-01978FA617D1.jpeg
907E9681-7408-41EF-A6EB-97BABA25D638.jpeg
0C06FE1B-A8AA-4A04-8F6D-6529FB034204.jpeg

All tall lanky strikers. Best bod for fighting.

<mma4>

If Tony doesn’t get the winner of Khabib vs Poirier that will be number one bullshit

Anderson GOAT btw

Anderson-Silva-after-his-one-day-of-work-this-year.-Getty.jpg

I highly value finishes at the championship level, personally.

I think Benson Henderson said something like 'If I could get the finishes, I would', when asked about his decision wins (which are still impressive)

Why I consider him goat. Also gsp avoided any fighter more athletic then him. He never fought any black fighters. With the exception of koscheck who ain't even really black. And what did he do when he came out of retirement? Avoided woodley and went with bisping . I know ppl gonna hate. But facts are facts .

That just reminds me, we have to see Tony vs Holloway at some point!! that fight would be EPIC and totally insane.

I highly value finishes at the championship level, personally.

I think Benson Henderson said something like 'If I could get the finishes, I would', when asked about his decision wins (which are still impressive)

It's literally the entire point of fighting: to make your opponent unable to continue.

Always struck me as odd that some people (mainly GSP fanboys) try to pass a dominant decision as a more definitive way to beat or "dominate" your opponent. Nothing is more dominant in MMA than a finish. There's no room for debate barring injury or a freak accident. Decisions used to be a draw in the very early years of Vale Tudo/MMA.

The way Anderson Silva finished his opponents put him on another level. Not only did he finish, but he did it in spectacular fashion - with ease.

Other impressive streaks with lots of finishes

Luke Rockhold
upload_2019-8-23_15-31-36.png

Cody G
upload_2019-8-23_15-32-44.png

Wanderlei Silva (Pride)
upload_2019-8-23_15-35-10.png

Shogun Rua (Pride)
upload_2019-8-23_15-36-38.png

Gegard (UFC & Bellator)
upload_2019-8-23_15-37-18.png

Gilbert Yvel has 40 wins with a 100% finish rate.

That shit's crazy, eh?

It's literally the entire point of fighting: to make your opponent unable to continue.

Always struck me as odd that some people (mainly GSP fanboys) try to pass a dominant decision as a more definitive way to beat or "dominate" your opponent. Nothing is more dominant in MMA than a finish. There's no room for debate barring injury or a freak accident. Decisions used to be a draw in the very early years of Vale Tudo/MMA.

The way Anderson Silva finished his opponents put him on another level. Not only did he finish, but he did it in spectacular fashion - with ease.
This is truth to me. But, as you said, most people first choose their favorite fighter and then back into their favorite style of win. You really dont see a lot of fighters who can continually finish top fighters. That is an absurd accomplishment. Even Jones, who is likely the greatest ever, has been mainly stringing together decision wins recently. The pressure of staying on top makes people want to take fewer risks. You typically have to be head and shoulders better than your opponent to finish them, in my view.

Back