Edmen Shahbazyan vs. Krzysztof Jotko set for UFC 244

toe hold

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019...tm_medium=wasabi&utm_content=home-latest-news

SIR

Edmen Shahbazyan will look to take the next big step towards his ultimate goal.

The undefeated fighter is expected to take on Krzysztof Jotko at UFC 244 on Nov. 2, a person with knowledge of the situation told MMA Junkie about the booking on Friday, requesting anonymity since the UFC has yet to make an announcement.

UFC 244 takes place Nov. 2 at Madison Square Garden in New York. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on ESPN and ESPN+/UFC Fight Pass.

The undefeated Shahbazyan (10-0 MMA, 3-0 UFC) is coming off a quick first round finish over Jack Marshman at UFC 239. Nine of the “Golden Boy’s” 10 wins have come in the first round, as he aims to enter the middleweight rankings when he takes on Poland’s Jotko.

Jotko (21-4 MMA, 8-4 UFC) was able to rebound from three straight losses when he scored back to back wins over Alen Amedovski and most recently, Marc-Andre Barriault at UFC 240. He will look to take the zero from Shahbazyan’s perfect record when they square off at MSG.

Good test - could go either way. If Edmen passes the test, I'd be impressed. Jotko is average in my opinion but poses some problems for young prospects. I'll take Jotko via split decision. He has a way of making guys look bad.

Will Edmund be in his corner? If yes, I'm in. I'm even more in if shehshsgsgyaznfg will get KOed by head kick from Jotko to see GOAT coach reaction. This will not happen tho

With Rousey and Browne out, Edmund is sneakily grooming the next big thing.

Imagine if this kid had a real coach

Jotko's style is just a s boring as Elias. I hope Edmen KO's him right out of the UFC..

Solid matchmaking and test to see if Edemn is worthy of the hype.

Jotko seems to be out of prime IMO. I'd go with Shahbazyan, it's his entry to the top 15.

BriefDecentAfricanharrierhawk-max-1mb.gif

Will Edmund be in his corner? If yes, I'm in. I'm even more in if shehshsgsgyaznfg will get KOed by head kick from Jotko to see GOAT coach reaction. This will not happen tho
watching his brother get KO'd was really satisfying

Good test - could go either way. If Edmen passes the test, I'd be impressed. Jotko is average in my opinion but poses some problems for young prospects. I'll take Jotko via split decision. He has a way of making guys look bad.
Yep, Jotko is very average, but if he makes it past 7.5 minutes I expect him to win the latter part of the fight, if he keeps this standing he has a good shot

Yep, Jotko is very average, but if he makes it past 7.5 minutes I expect him to win the latter part of the fight, if he keeps this standing he has a good shot

Yeah he's kind of unspectacular everywhere but has tidy cardio and is good 'enough' everywhere to eke out these up and comers. I favour KO artists over him. Hence I picked Barriault to upset him, that went tits up. I don't see Edmen having the one-shot power to put him away.

Yeah he's kind of unspectacular everywhere but has tidy cardio and is good 'enough' everywhere to eke out these up and comers. I favour KO artists over him. Hence I picked Barriault to upset him, that went tits up. I don't see Edmen having the one-shot power to put him away.

Jotko should be cut just like Elias was. He does everything to avoid actually fighting..

Back