Poirier and Gaethje have nothing for Khabib

Hamm and Clov

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Neither have reliable one-punch power. A brawling style has literally no chance against Khabib. Also, neither have anywhere near the grappling that Khabib has, despite the fact that some of you think Gaethje is a 3-time Olympic gold medalist or something. Like Aldo's vaunted BJJ (Love you Jose).

I thought dustin had nothing for max and boy was i wrong. Dustin can maybe pull off the upset

Neither have reliable one-punch power. A brawling style has literally no chance against Khabib. Also, neither have anywhere near the grappling that Khabib has, despite the fact that some of you think Gaethje is a 3-time Olympic gold medalist or something. Like Aldo's vaunted BJJ (Love you Jose).

Justin is comparable to Sadulaev though

You don't train UFC or you would know how unpredictable this game is.

Khabib might get dieded by Dustin in 1 minute.
<Goldie11>

Dustin Is always doubted and he usually puts up a damn good effort. I think it’s going to be more competitive than people think.

Oh ok, no point in watching now. They shouldn't even fight. Just declare Khabib the winner.

Upsets happen you goof.

Y’all need to stop hyping up JG. Literally any time he faces a real competitor, he gets KOd; Dustin and Alvarez. Barboza was on a slump anyway from lee and khabib’s beating. JG sucks and will keep getting exposed against any T5 fighter.

Poirier is a damn good fighter and is very skilled everywhere, its not an easy fight at all. I think Khabib will win but I don't think he will finish Poirier, and the decision won't be a 50-45 either I feel. I can see Poirier winning a few rounds. I won't be surprised at all if its like a 48-47 decision for Khabib.

Dustin Has heart man. Justin was eating him up with those leg kicks and it looked like he was going to walk to victory and then boom Dustin nailed him with those big bombs and put him away. You can’t count him out.

Dustin has a chance, albeit not the greatest.

Gaethje not so much.

Y’all need to stop hyping up JG. Literally any time he faces a real competitor, he gets KOd; Dustin and Alvarez. Barboza was on a slump anyway from lee and khabib’s beating. JG sucks and will keep getting exposed against any T5 fighter.

Plus the eyepoke had a LOT to do with the early barboza finish

Dustin has everything for Khabib...IF...he can keep it standing. It's a big if.

Regardless of how Dustin and Khabib perform, this fight is dangerous for Khabib. Anyone who has legit KO power (and Dustin definitely has it) can beat anyone with a good punch. Dustin is also not McGregor and won't gas after one round. I know I'll be sitting on the edge of my seat from start to finish regardless of how the fight proceeds.

If Khabib Nurmagomedov loses to Dustin Poirier, then I will have to remove him from my GOAT candidate list. For me Poirier is an accidental number 1 contender.

How did Poirier get to this point:
He beat Jim Miller 17-7-1(NC). Great fighter.
He quit versus Eddie Alvarez 3-2. Good fighter.
He beat Anthony Pettis 7-5. Good fighter.
He beat Justin Gaethje 3-2. Good fighter.
He beat Eddie Alvarez 4-2-1. Good fighter.
He beat Max Holloway 15-4. Greater fighter, but lower weight class.

Dustin Poirier is 17-4-1. That is 77% win percentage. This means I have to change my initial opinion. Dustin Poirier qualifies as a "Greater Fighter" under my criteria. Therefore, I concede. He will be a good win for Khabib Nurmagomedov.

Good fighter = 51 to 60 win percentage
Great fighter = 61 to 70 win percentage
Greater fighter = 71 to 80 win percentage
Greatest fighter = 81 to 90 win percentage
GOAT candidate = 91 to 100 win percentage.

Only UFC records count in my criteria.

That's why majority of Dustin's wins are finishes and majority of his finishes are knockouts. Gaethje just KO'd two top 15 lightweights, yet he does not have KO power.

Neither Dustin or Justin are brawlers or just brawlers.

You don't need to have the best wrestling credentials to successfully implemenet its skills into MMA, and both Dustin and Justin have shown some knowledge in that department.

A combination puncher with good hooks like Dustin can definitely find an opening on Khabib around his guard. Dustin's a very complete puncher that can switch and hit with both hands (naturally left handed tho).

Yes but ferg does. When the fuck is this fight happening.

Back