Would this version of Nate beat Pourier

zxyss25

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I think so...

Also lets remember

Pourier was the one who pulled out against Diaz, not the other way around...then Pourier got the interim titel shot

So Diaz was looking to come back sooner...and if he beat Dustin, could then have fought Holloway and became the intern champ and be fighting Khabib at UFC 242

I think so...

Also lets remember

Pourier was the one who pulled out against Diaz, not the other way around...then Pourier got the interim titel shot

So Diaz was looking to come back sooner...and if he beat Dustin, could then have fought Holloway and became the intern champ and be fighting Khabib at UFC 242
Can Nate even make 155 anymore?

I see Pourer lighting Nate up in round one with tight boxing. Nate looked rusty striking in round one.

I think so...

Also lets remember

Not that i 100% trust a diaz at his word .. But i believe he said nomore 155 for him..he looked healthy against pettis

Dustin by TKO or UD. Nate might win RD 4 or 5, but he'd get fucked up in the early rounds.

I think so...

Also lets remember

The Diaz that showed up vs MJ would put up a fight.

The Nate that fought Pettis would get busted up hard by Dustin. Nate’s boxing looking sloppy and slow, Pettis just doesn’t do well to pressure and doesn’t know how to fight in the clinch.

I think so...

Also lets remember

So, Poirier pulled out of Diaz?

DP gasses- maybe not as fast as Conor but he does wane
Dustin gassed vs Max because he threw fucking non-stop bombs for 2 rounds straight and still had the gas to last 3 more rounds and win. His output was insane. In other fights he’s more conservative and still had enough gas in the 4th round to finish Gathje with a long ass combo.

His gas tanks is fine. Nate admitted to gassing against fucking Pettis in a 3 round fight that Nate was dominating. Nate looks old and slow, the 3 years off and pile of cash took a toll on him.

The Nate from the MJ fight is long gone.

The current version of Poirier is better than any version of Nate. If it were 3 rounds, I think Poirier wins relatively easily. Nate would have a better shot if it were 5 rounds, but I'd still favor Poirier.

Are you insane?

Nate looked hurt every time PEttis threw something solid.

Dustin gassed vs Max because he threw fucking non-stop bombs for 2 rounds straight and still had the gas to last 3 more rounds and win. His output was insane. In other fights he’s more conservative and still had enough gas in the 4th round to finish Gathje with a long ass combo.

His gas tanks is fine. Nate admitted to gassing against fucking Pettis in a 3 round fight that Nate was dominating. Nate looks old and slow, the 3 years off and pile of cash took a toll on him.

The Nate from the MJ fight is long gone.

Nice reply

<mma4>

I think he would. If that fight hits the ground Diaz has a huge advantage, and we saw against Pettis hes working on his tools to get it there.

Dustin also made 145 and Diaz has shown he can hang at 170. Plus I think Diaz probably beats him standing too

If Poirier can box up Max, then he can box up Nate too. Nate's not going to take him down.

So, Poirier pulled out of Diaz?

Yup. Said he hurt his hip although it didn't require any medical attention.

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/24945289/dustin-poirier-fight-nate-diaz-ufc-230-injury

tenor.gif

Nate fucks him up. Dustin would get some decent shots in here and there but Nate would wear him down and probably get him to shoot, which would be the end.

The reach would be a real problem and Nate has the power to hurt him. Against Pettis he showed more skills and that he can be patient and fight smart.

Back