Who has the best half guard in the UFC?

Maia will fight Askerin, will be a good test of bjj v wrestling at the highest levels. we should see what works for / by each.

Maia is the obvious and only choice. Watch his fight against Masvidal.

I wanna know who does the best damage from half guard

I wanna know who does the best damage from half guard
i always recall lesnar on top of mir beating the piss out of him. lesnar was so huge he was almost totally covering mirs body lol, you could barely see him. even in half guard he made a 245 lb legit heavyweight just look small as hell.

I think it was masvidal who said it was very hard to pressure Maia from half guard. Maia would more often than not manage to work his underhook and reverse.

Maia will fight Askerin, will be a good test of bjj v wrestling at the highest levels. we should see what works for / by each.
Aspirin is a BJJ black belt, so it's not like this is a fight between a wrestler and a Brazilian jiu jitsu guy, it's more like a fight between a top top level BJJ guy and a top-level wrestler plus top level BJJ guy.

Khabib is the best top wrestler/grappler in MMA today and he does his best work from half guard

Maia is the obvious and only choice. Watch his fight against Masvidal.
The one where he couldn't finish the LW?
Maybe a year or 2 until we don't have to sit through that crap from him again.

The one where he couldn't finish the LW?
Maybe a year or 2 until we don't have to sit through that crap from him again.
Is masvidal having fought at lightweight somehow supposed to discredit Maia's win? Jorge is an excellent grappler himself who obviously prepared well for that fight.

He's outside the UFC but Lovato is very good from half guard

Back