It was clear Yoel would have finished Paulo if it was 5 rounds.

Ideanudge

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And no one can deny that. He figured Paulo out and literally won the second half of the fight starting from the middle of round 2. It's incredible how much Yoel evolved now with his own unique style, and he started now to comfortably switch stances and be all around incredibly crafty inside the ring. If he had a country to back him, like Silva had Brazil and in Brunson fight being outstruck 2 to 1 and outwrestled still had majority of fans say he won, no one would question a Yoel victory here. But that's the nature of prize fighting.

It will be clear that it needs to happen when Paulo walks through Israel or Whittaker(if Bobert doesn't pull out). He might be the only threat to Paulo.

And no one can deny that. He figured Paulo out and literally won the second half of the fight starting from the middle of round 2. It's incredible how much Yoel evolved now with his own unique style, and he started now to comfortably switch stances and be all around incredibly crafty inside the ring. If he had a country to back him, like Silva had Brazil and in Brunson fight being outstruck 2 to 1 and outwrestled still had majority of fans say he won, no one would question a Yoel victory here. But that's the nature of prize fighting.

It will be clear that it needs to happen when Paulo walks through Israel or Whittaker(if Bobert doesn't pull out). He might be the only threat to Paulo.

I thought just the opposite...yoel was dead tired half way through the fight..and needed to fake getting hit low in order to take a break...his normal cheating...paulo was nailing him with far more harder shots..while yoel was retreating and laying against the cage the whole night..trying to counter...he was dead tired. they both were..but I thought costa had more life.

I don't think it was clear at all but I would have liked to have seen another round regardless.

It was not clear.

If he'd fought with more urgency in round 2 he may have won. Which is exactly what I said about Jacare in his fight against Romero.

But he didn't. Live by the sword. It was a good fight. He didn't quite pull it out. Such is life. Move on. After losing virtual ties to both Whittaker and Costa, he's probably deservedly #3 in the division (though I wouldn't be surprised if he drops more than that)

Not at all. Costa would train for a 5 round fight if he were scheduled for one and would adjust his pace just like everyone else does. It would likely still be very close.

I don't get why people say stuff like this as if they wouldn't train differently or fight at a different pace with 2 more rounds, it's idiotic.

They both signed to fight a 15 minute fight, had months to prepare, and he lost. If the fight was 5 rounds there are so many variables to consider that your post is just daft.

He gave everything he had to finish a coasting Borrachinha who already had the fight in the bag

Borrachinha was just clowning and showboating in the 3rd because it was the last round and he had already won the first two handily

Costa would have blasted him if there were more rounds

d7Ro91Y.jpg

I can’t stand when people try to use this weak point of view. It’s baseless and a short sighted argument.

If the bout were five rounds, Costa and Romero would’ve fought at a different pace to conserve the right amount of energy for that length of time needed and it’s more than likely that the fighter who won the shorter fight, will win the longer one. The shorter one is just more condensed.

Not at all. Costa would train for a 5 round fight if he were scheduled for one and would adjust his pace just like everyone else does. It would likely still be very close.

I don't get why people say stuff like this as if they wouldn't train differently or fight at a different pace with 2 more rounds, it's idiotic.
Because Costa is known to win by his furious pressure and pace, while Yoel is known to win by slowing the pace down and making it a contest where his athletic explosions shine. Basically it stylistically disfavors Costa to fight prolonged fights, and now we saw how it played it out when Yoel survived the pressure and it became his fight.

Ya know, if my aunt had testicles she'd probly be my uncle.

Because Costa is known to win by his furious pressure and pace, while Yoel is known to win by slowing the pace down and making it a contest where his athletic explosions shine. Basically it stylistically disfavors Costa to fight prolonged fights, and now we saw how it played it out when Yoel survived the pressure and it became his fight.

Costa trained for 3 rounds though, what you're talking about is like if Costa was training for a 3 round fight then all of a sudden they surprise him and change it to 5 rounds. No one knows how his cardio would look if he trained for a 5 round fight and fought in a 5 round fight cause he's never done it yet.

Besides, it's not like fighters don't take a middle round off in 5 round fights and come back strong after, tons of fighters have done that consistently. Romero and Lawler being two examples.

your salty tears are delicious.

Delusional Romero fans might be more annoying than Khabib and Conor fans.

By poking eyes and faking being the victim of a nutt shot?

Looked that way to me too. Paulo's output at his size is pretty insane and his cardio surprisingly held up for 3 rounds, but I don't think he had 5 in the tank.

Back