Will Walkers TDD hold up against Corey?

Martialbeef

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
As we know Anderson is a strong wrestler and a grinder. Not got excellent striking by any means, so it's a classic striker vs grappler fight.

I for one would fucking hate it if Johnny Walkers hype train ended on not being able to defend takedowns and being lnp'd. Corey is one of the more boring lhws to watch so him v Jones would be a disaster ppv.

Kind of like Guida did when Pettis came into the UFC?

Ugh agreed that would suck

His striking really isn't that bad, hes always coming back looking improved but we don't really know what walker is capable of at this point so it's hard to say how it will go... The way Walker just pushed Rountree back to the fence in a plum and elbowed him to death was impressive though, made him look like a child

As we know Anderson is a strong wrestler and a grinder. Not got excellent striking by any means, so it's a classic striker vs grappler fight.

I for one would fucking hate it if Johnny Walkers hype train ended on not being able to defend takedowns and being lnp'd. Corey is one of the more boring lhws to watch so him v Jones would be a disaster ppv.
I agree.

But this is a great test for Johnny Walker. If he can't defend Anderson's control game, then he has more work to do. Walker's striking is obviously absurd. His dynamic explosiveness makes it dangerous for anyone to trade with him on the feet. However, we still haven't seen a fighter that can press him up against the cage and take him down -- can he get a wrestler off him?

corey has good/decent wrestling but he is the type of guy that either wins a boring decission or gets KTFO. Rooting for the second here.

corey has good/decent wrestling but he is the type of guy that either wins a boring decission or gets KTFO. Rooting for the second here.
Perfect pre Jones matchup for Walker.
If he shows good defensive wrestling and KOs Corey then it couldn't go better for the Jon fight hype.

No, it won't. However, it might not need to. Walker's a psycho, he's gonna go in for the kill off the bell and Masvidal style - flying knees for every takedown attempt. Corey's going to sleep. And I'm no massive Walker advocate, i'm still unsure about him in general, but he's a madman.

His knee on Corey's face is his TDD.

Walkgoat round 1 murder.

Corey via lay and pray wouldn't suprise me in the slightest.

Walker is a twink with a lisp. Why is this whole board obsessed with him fighting Jones? He has been lucky to not pay for all the dangerous strikes he throws, and I dont see him getting out of the second round. Corey will drown him with pressure and beat his body into submission on the ground. Or Walker will throw a pele kick In the 1st 20 seconds and put corey in a nursing home

I hope so. Corey is pure sleep-aid. I always love seeing him get knocked out cold. OSP is still one of my favorite KO's

Johnny will lift Corey up, slam him on the mat and end up brutalizing him from the mount position.

Johnny has moon gravity cheat activated when he fights. Dude can float and strike from different directions.

WarpedBelovedLacewing-size_restricted.gif

Corey won't be conscious long enough to answer that question.

Walker is a twink with a lisp. Why is this whole board obsessed with him fighting Jones? He has been lucky to not pay for all the dangerous strikes he throws, and I dont see him getting out of the second round. Corey will drown him with pressure and beat his body into submission on the ground. Or Walker will throw a pele kick In the 1st 20 seconds and put corey in a nursing home
Strangly enough,all his flashy shit landed. And before ufc he was kinda homeless no proper gym.
This fight is really hard for Corey,but if he survives first round ,we may finally see if Walker is for real.

Back