Dan Hooker vs Al Iaquinta confirmed for UFC 243

NandoMoura

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
pjimage-3-24.jpg

After knocking out James Vick in the first round of their bout in Texas in July, Kiwi UFC star Dan Hooker demanded to be booked for UFC 243 in Melbourne.

The UFC obliged.

The Herald can confirm 'the Hangman' will meet former title contender 'Raging' Al Iaquinta at Melbourne's Marvel Stadium on October 6 (NZ time), with the fight agreement being signed this week.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12260687

The prostitute by Rd 1 KO.

Hooker by tko. I think we may have already seen Iaquinta's ceiling.

Hooker by tko. I think we may have already seen Iaquinta's ceiling.

Barboza?
also, Iaquinta is unfinishable by strikes even Cowboy who has the most finishes in the UFC couldn't finish him after 2 head kicks

If Al decides to play range like I think he will, he'll get picked apart for three rounds.

I'm a big fan of both, but I'd prefer if Al wins. My brain tells me that hooker outclasses him on the feet, though.

If Al decides to play range like I think he will, he'll get picked apart for three rounds.

He sits outside and tries to pot shot too much and that's the wrong range and too little output for Al. He doesn't really fight like a shorter guy with less reach. His style works against people his size or people who don't know how to use their reach like Keven lee, but these talented taller fighters who know how to fight long are just going to eat Al up unless he changes things up.

Back