UFC 242's PPV starts at 2pm Et 11am PT...

chrisdiaz

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/events/ufc-242

Is this the only time this has happened for a PPV? I was wondering why bellator was having a decent sized card on that night...it makes sense now.

Not to mention this card is pretty lacking in star power. With the time change and lack of names, this card might actually do pretty poorly sales wise. I also surprised they put WMMA on the card considering how women are treated in the region...I think people grossly overestimate khabibs popularity

Nah, UFC 112 (The Silva vs Maia debacle) was a PPV also in Abu Dhabi with an afternoon start. There may have been others too.

Hello day drinking....

It's good for those in the UK but damn I wish this was a normal start time

Something throws me off with the early starts

It's good for those in the UK but damn I wish this was a normal start time

Something throws me off with the early starts
I always forget about them or have plans during the day

Nice. I love some MMA in the afternoon. It’s a nice change.

This is morning drinking for me but I guess no different then when the chargers play on the east coast.

Damn straight Im having beers at 10am on sundays if the chargers are on, this will be no different with the UFC.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/events/ufc-242

Is this the only time this has happened for a PPV? I was wondering why bellator was having a decent sized card on that night...it makes sense now.

Not to mention this card is pretty lacking in star power. With the time change and lack of names, this card might actually do pretty poorly sales wise. I also surprised they put WMMA on the card considering how women are treated in the region...I think people grossly overestimate khabibs popularity

Expecting this card won't sell very well because of the start time. However, looking at the main card, honestly it's pretty good.

Khabib vs. Poirier will be great, and Felder vs. Barboza is decent (maybe not co-main quality). Then there's the heavyweight bout with Blaydes, and also Makhachev and Taisumov are both fighting.
Lightweight heavy main card with good fighters. Just not the biggest names.

No big deal. I'll just stay off SD and grab a 1080p dl later that night.

Nah, UFC 112 (The Silva vs Maia debacle) was a PPV also in Abu Dhabi with an afternoon start. There may have been others too.

Hello day drinking....

Ya but I was in a packed Buffalo Wild Wings for that. And there may have even been a $10 cover.

Aint nobody packin out shit for this thing.

@chrisdiaz I honestly think it's a ploy to enable them to keep pretending Khabib is a draw.

"Well ya, but there were no other names, and that start time..."

Woman in Abu dabi are treated good, better than in Holland. Here women get raped and after a year the raper , maybe gets a phonecall. Reports on the news today. Western people don't give a fck about women. They act like they care with all this same rights, feminist freedom bs ...etc.

Ya but I was in a packed Buffalo Wild Wings for that. And there may have even been a $10 cover.

Aint nobody packin out shit for this thing.

@chrisdiaz I honestly think it's a ploy to enable them to keep pretending Khabib is a draw.

"Well ya, but there were no other names, and that start time..."

UFC is dying bro....

No, but seriously I agree. It is not what it used to be. This won't sell shit for PPVs.

UFC is dying bro....

No, but seriously I agree. It is not what it used to be. This won't sell shit for PPVs.

I guess we just have to hope that the "quantity over quality" strategy only lasts until the current group of investors gets their money back.

Cuz there's no arguing that more people know this event is taking place. But at the same time, less people will plan their day around it.

In b4 200k buys, and endless claims that "buys are no longer calculated".

Back