Media Duke Roufus: Pettis f'ed up his foot on a checked lowkick by Diaz

Bravo to Diaz for finally checking some kicks.

He looked a little rusty to me overall after the long layoff. His hands weren't quite as pin-point accurate as usual. Those knees up against the fence were fucking money though. Made Showtime hit the fucking deck to avoid taking more of them. Was stoked to see Nate get back in the cage. Always puts on fun, violence-filled scraps.

Bravo to Diaz for finally checking some kicks.

He looked a little rusty to me overall after the long layoff. His hands weren't quite as pin-point accurate as usual. Those knees up against the fence were fucking money though. Made Showtime hit the fucking deck to avoid taking more of them. Was stoked to see Nate get back in the cage. Always puts on fun, violence-filled scraps.
Absolutely brutal

That’s what happens when a lifetime TKD artist tried to switch his style to Muay Thai styled kicks, he should’ve at least set that kick up instead of telegraphing it.

But to be fair, Nate has never checked leg kicks until now.

That’s what happens when a lifetime TKD artist tried to switch his style to Muay Thai styled kicks, he should’ve at least set that kick up instead of telegraphing it.

But to be fair, Nate has never checked leg kicks until now.
He checked a few against Michael Johnson too, but both Johnson and Pettis were throwing them a lot with no set up and no feint. That is the key factor. Barboza, Gaethjie, and Felder are better leg kickers because they feint and set them up.

Every time Pettis has something bothering him and he’s losing its ‘broken’

That’s how we knew Nate would win. Pettis doesn’t like adversity and convinces himself he can’t continue. Nate is the worst match up for a guy like that.

Old news. It was at the beginning of second round. Diaz checked outside leg kick and I knew that he hurt his leg. Even commentators said it right after this kick. Pettis just posted his broken foot.

IMG_20190818_WA0002.jpg

People are saying that Pettis is a quitter but he fought 2 rounds against Diaz with broken foot and 1 round (I'm not sure) against Ferguson with broken hand.
Diaz won first round so it cant be excuse why Pettis lost. And it wasnt freak injury, Diaz checked the kick.
The smartest and the best performance in Nate Diaz career. Switching stances, wrestling, dirty boxing and muay thai in the clinch next to the fence, smart pressure, checking some kicks. I was surprised motherfucker watching this, I through Pettis gonna outstrike him using leg kicks, combos, speed and movement.

and after the hospital visit, it turned out he didn't.
fighters and coaches use the term "broke" foot/hand before any x-rays

Source? Every report says it's broken.

Who cares if it's broken or sprained, etc. It was an injury that clearly hurt like hell. That foot was swelling up big by the 3rd round

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back