Uncle Dana hints at pay dispute in Masvidal-Diaz fight

OzoneX

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Dana White denied Masvidal’s claim that talks have begun between the two fighters.

“Why, did I say I was doing Diaz and Masvidal on Saturday?” White said. “Well … they asked me, and I said, ‘Who doesn’t want to see that fight?'”

“No, no progress,” White added.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019...tm_medium=wasabi&utm_content=home-latest-news

Diaz has a history of demanding outrageous amounts ever since the first red panty night. Masvidal is also looking for a big paycheck now. Dana probably gonna throw fits putting this together.

dana pretending like they aren't talking about the fight, so he can play both guys against the middle. typical dana bullshit that most people should be able to see through at this point.

"No progress"

But it is still pretty early. We'll have to wait awhile and see how this plays out.

That doesn't sound like him hinting at a pay dispute at all..

Now, there surely will be a pay dispute, but that's another story

The second Diaz called him out I knew there will be some fuckery when it comes to pay.

The fight will be made.. hopefully on ESPN+ so we can get five rounds... and ESPN will be more than happy with the ratings.

That doesn't sound like him hinting at a pay dispute at all..

Now, there surely will be a pay dispute, but that's another story

Yeah, it's just early as fuck lol. Nate just fought a few days ago. They probably just haven't gotten around to setting something up yet but it's a fight they're interested in.

I just don't think it's time to overreact yet.

I predict the fight won't happen because the UFC refuses to pay up their respected veterans.

Zuffa calls Masvidal: "you down?" Masvidal says "Hell yes, if you pay me enough".

There are now 99 other things to do before anyone is ready to sign anything.

Masvidal's version of events: "negotiations have begun".
Zuffa's version of events; "there's been no (real) progress".

No one is lying, and everyone is correct. It just depends on the lens.

Both fighters are overhyped pay them $20k/$20k and feed them a wrestler.

Fighters deserve better pay but the way I see the UFC going is if they do give better pay to those headlining, then everyone else will be paid less. With so many cards, we'll end up like boxing with the only good fights on the card being the main event or main and co-main. The rest will be filled out by 6k fighters then everyone will bitch about what a shitty card it is.

We all know they're both going to ask for a big payday. Hell, they may even make them the only fight on the card.

Dana will give wathever he wants period
And its like that since he joined the UFC so a very long time.
Only Brock and Conor can play that game
Nate should know better

Dana White denied Masvidal’s claim that talks have begun between the two fighters.

“Why, did I say I was doing Diaz and Masvidal on Saturday?” White said. “Well … they asked me, and I said, ‘Who doesn’t want to see that fight?'”

“No, no progress,” White added.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019...tm_medium=wasabi&utm_content=home-latest-news

Diaz has a history of demanding outrageous amounts ever since the first red panty night. Masvidal is also looking for a big paycheck now. Dana probably gonna throw fits putting this together.
they haven't even begun to look at that fight. it's been three fucking days since Diaz fought

There you have it. Nate's going to take his ball and go cry in the corner for the next 2 years now.

[QUOTE="OzoneX, post: 154464401, Diaz has a history of demanding outrageous amounts ever since the first red panty night. Masvidal is also looking for a big paycheck now. Dana probably gonna throw fits putting this together.[/QUOTE]

It'll happen but the rest of the card will suck with no other significant payouts for anyone else on the card. Bunch of contender fights or some shit like that...unless they do it on the e d of the year card end of December with a DC rematch maybe.

Sure Nate and Masvidal deserve big money.
Masvidal has much more to loose.

Doubt Dana will cash $200k each.
Dana likes to make money 10 fold. Lol.

Last edited:
Back