Why Do You Suppose Stipe's UFC 226 Base Salary was Much Higher than DC's?

He renegotiated a very good contract as he was the longest reigning HW champ. I doubt he’d get a half of that if he fought in a fight that wasn’t for the title.

Win bonus and ppv points, Stipe signed a better contract, etc...

They don't negotiate pay for each fight. They sign a multi fight contract. Stipe signed his as a dominant hw champ.

DC probably got a fat lockeroom bonus.
popeyes.jpeg

Sitpe signed a nice deal when he was champ before.

Either way both guys should be getting paid in the 7 figures. Crazy

But Stipe didn't get a win bonus, I believe DC would have got a win bonus

No. Again they both were slated to receive flat pay, the article came out before the first fight. Cormier did not get a win bonus.

@Leonard Haid TS you realize this is the pay from the first fight and not the second fight right?

Answered your own question. Company man, as in willing to take a hit on his own personal wealth for the sake of the company..
Thats a give in if you want to be active, in my opinion. They will drag out the negotiations otherwise, as they have so many options of fighters, and they own you during the contract period. In addition, they know fighters want to fight, so using time against them is always a good strategy.

This fight was stupid for DC to take in some ways, but hes a fighter and wants to test himself against the best.

Stipe probably got the contract after he had defended the title a few times and the UFC couldn't afford to let him go

Could you imagine the most dominant champ in division history who is a part of your weakest division just fucks off to another org? It would be terrible for the UFC...

He renegotiated a very good contract as he was the longest reigning HW champ. I doubt he’d get a half of that if he fought in a fight that wasn’t for the title.
Hard to believe Dana would sign such a contract with someone he doesn't really like.

But the HW division is one of the weakest so I guess they need guys like Stipe.

On one hand it is a bit strange that Dana would go for that since he doesn't like Stipe AT ALL it seems but Stipe has the most defenses in that division. Good for Stipe though.

Stipe is the most decorated UFC HW champ having the most title defenses. So he gets better scratch than the HW Champ with only one title defense.

Probably more marketable worldwide And has more potential than a fat guy soon to retire.

Back