If you could go to any country and train any combat sport, where would you go?

The Legendary Scarface

Record since UFC 266 : 51-34
@Black
Reaction score
If you could go to any country, any gym in that country and train any combat sport in the world for free all expenses included,
Where would you go?

Thailand?
Brazil?
Russia?
Cuba?
Japan?
China?
South Korea?
Iran?
Stay in good ol' U.S of A?

Why?

I'd go to Cuba and train with all the dope ass ammy boxers there and have Yoel show me around the city later at night.

<RomeroSalute>

Muay thai in Thailand
Wrestling in Iran
Bjj in Cali
Sambo in Russia

Shaolin Temple so I can learn the forbidden arts of Iron Legs and Fist of Steel. Water walking looks pretty cool too

running-water-monk-gif-1819956.gif

AKA. California, train with some great fighters, get injured but then weed's legalised so I'll use that for my recovery.

Japan for training and the overall experience and culture. Not in a city though, a village.

South Korea

Im a USA 7 but id be a South Korea 10 swimming in vag as a good looking white male.

1) how id do with the women in said country
2) how well trained id get

Judo in Japan.
Always wanted to learn high-level old-school Judo. Did Judo as a kid but my coach was a hack.

Switched to BJJ cuz there are actual gyms with world champion instructors here.

Cool thread btw

Stiking : France because they have Savate ,and Savate is the most underatted Striking science ever ,and it would improve a lot MMA Striking if guys stop only learn flat footed stiff muay thaï that it not suit for MMA.
They also have high level kickboxing

Wrestling : USA or Russia

Boxing : Cuba

Grappling : USA to learn catch Wrestling ,wich is more effective in MMA than BJJ

Stiking : France because they have Savate ,and Savate is the most underatted Striking science ever ,and it would improve a lot MMA Striking if guys stop only learn flat footed stiff muay thaï that it not suit for MMA.
They also have high level kickboxing

Wrestling : USA or Russia

Boxing : Cuba

Grappling : USA to learn catch Wrestling ,wich is more effective in MMA than BJJ

I've heard of Savate but have only seen a couple of short YouTube clips of it. Thanks for mentioning, I'll have to look into it a little bit, I'm curious.

Still, I think if you want to learn striking you're better off doing TKD for instance and then doing some boxing separate and later putting them together.

I would go to Japan to study the ancient Japanese art of bukkake.

Japan for training and the overall experience and culture. Not in a city though, a village.
Winner. Mad thread TS.

Done MT in Thailand, strongly recommend. Provided you knew basic Portuguese it would be mad to live in Rio during the summer and surf and train Bjj and eat acai. I know mates that went to China to learn Kung Fu in the mountains, learn Mandarin for a few months and they loved it. After seeing Cains video and speaking to a bloke from Senegal last weekend, the wrestling scene there is no joke so would def like to check that out one day. Krav Maga in Israel would be dope as fuck too. Unsure if you would need to learn Hebrew though.

Ireland train with that old man,

No one can knock you out after that

Best nations to train;
Brazil: BJJ
The Netherlands: Kickboxing
(South) Russia: Sambo/Wrestling

I can and I dont

I guess Im too cheap to go to Japan and train. Going there would be more for the overall experience but would be cool to train a decent bit also while there.

Im also too lazy to plan and make a trip to Thailand training muay thai happen, which would also be awesome

Both would be for the experience rather than getting "optimal" training

Edit: oh also ofc Id like to train with sensei Seagal

Back