Could DC have recovered?

Natesblackshirt

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I know most will say the stoppage was fine but COULD DC have recovered? It would be far from the craziest comeback/recovery Ive ever seen.

He was definitely rocked but he was rocked to the body, he wasn’t knocked unconscious or anything.

Body shots can often paralyze you momentarily. Another couple seconds and he could have been knocked completely unconscious but he also could have got his wind back and grabbed a hold of Stipe giving him a chance to recover.

Considering he was champion and dominating the majority of the fight I think it could have gone an extra couple seconds. I doubt it would have made a difference but like I said I’ve seen crazier recovery’s.

Edit: The question is not whether the stoppage was good or not but if you’ve ever seen someone recover from being rocked like that. I’ve seen similar situations where the fighter survives like Cheick Kongo vs Pat Barry.

Last edited:
He was done!

Should have utilized wrestling more early!

Did you miss the part where he crumpled???

Unless he could unmelt himself, no.

Right, you saw that part then.

So, why are you asking the question? He was done.
People recover from being rocked hard all the time. Look at his fight with Gus when he ate the knee and Anderson when he ate the body kick.

Or Pettis when UFC Superstar Nate Diaz had him bent over with his back turned that same night but the fight was allowed to continue and Pettis was able to recover.

Let's close this book now, guys. He no longer just "lost to a cheater".

And I don't get the question. Recover when exactly? He was on his ass and it was over.

He wasn't just 'rocked from a body shot' he was completely fucking exhausted.

He was even more exhausted than he was hurt. He had nothing left.

He fell over with his hands down while eating unanswered punches to the face. The only way he was recovering was if someone saved him, which is what happened.

No he was done. Stankey leg and all.

Once DC is done you can see it, he stumbles and whobbles and his belly starts speaking "I want out now"

Stipe was turning up the heat, so no, DC was done. I never thought anyone would challenge this

DC saidd that he got rocked by a punch he didnt see. It was a headshot that rocked him

Stipe was bouncing his head on the fence.
If Herb lets it go for 10 more secs, DC leaves that cage in a bodybag.

DC was doing his best Steve Nelmark impression. He was done.

Threads like this are why I swear some people see real fighting like a video game. Sure, all DC needed was a powerup.

I know most will say the stoppage was fine but COULD DC have recovered? It would be far from the craziest comeback/recovery Ive ever seen.

He was definitely rocked but he was rocked to the body, he wasn’t knocked unconscious or anything.

Body shots can often paralyze you momentarily. Another couple seconds and he could have been knocked completely unconscious but he also could have got his wind back and grabbed a hold of Stipe giving him a chance to recover.

Considering he was champion and dominating the majority of the fight I think it could have gone an extra couple seconds. I doubt it would have made a difference but like I said I’ve seen crazier recovery’s.

Mate he got bodied lmao. Unless he is superhuman and can revive himself, he was done. Rumor has it he is still asleep in Anaheim.

No chance in hell with Stipe on top of him like that. The ref saved him from being put out cold.

With Stipe on top of you, you better stop the fight unless you want some serious brain damage

He was gassed. No need to suffer more physical trauma than he did. Good stoppage.

People recover from being rocked hard all the time. Look at his fight with Gus when he ate the knee and Anderson when he ate the body kick.

Or Pettis when UFC Superstar Nate Diaz had him bent over with his back turned that same night but the fight was allowed to continue and Pettis was able to recover.
I agree about fighters being able to recover, but DC was KO'd there. He went out and the following punches woke him back. He was in a bad position as well and there was no way he would come back from that, even if he woke up with a gun in his hand.

Back