Was Diaz vs McGregor the last planned non title ppv headliner?

TardStrong

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Now Diaz is back and gonna to headline the PPV again without a belt

Masvidal vs Diaz has to be a 5 round fight, no way around it.

I would love to see this fight headline an ESPN card is that possible?

Can Diaz vs Masvidal headline a ppv? If so what would be the co main?

It's the last one I can recall seeing. Unless you count Romero/Whittaker 2. Fight happened like it was supposed to, but belt was out due to weight.

Diaz vs. Masvidal should definitely be five rounds but I think they might to put as a co-main for Usman vs. Colby, it will be a while build-up with both Jorge and Colby on the same card

You think WME will headline Connor after he sucker punched an old man?
giphy.gif

Doubtful. That's a co main at best.

They deserve 5 rounds and we deserve 5 rounds
Diaz vs. Masvidal should definitely be five rounds but I think they might to put as a co-main for Usman vs. Colby, it will be a while build-up with both Jorge and Colby on the same card

I dont believe there has ever been a 5 round co main event that was not for some kind of title. I dont see why they can just say it is a 5 round co main but it has never happened before

Nate-Masvidal seems like a clear ppv co-main. It would obviously be a great main event for an ESPN card, but I'm guessing the UFC would rather use Nate's popularity (and Masvidal's momentum) to help sell a ppv. And yes, it will be 3 rounds.

They wanted to book a non-title fight between Jones and Lesnar at HW back in 2017, but Jones failing another drug test put a stop to that.

who saying nate main eventing something. sherdog please. nate no where close to a title shot so he not gone be a main event slot.

jorge vs natecan be 5 rounds in a fight night card but if it on a ppv it be 3 rounds and i know the internet will be crying how dare the ufc disrespect the fighters like taht.

They wanted to book a non-title fight between Jones and Lesnar at HW back in 2017, but Jones failing another drug test put a stop to that.

no jon was never signign that deal he was trolling everyone and that would be comain at best cause brock wouldnt want 5 rounds.

Jones vs Brock is a much bigger fight than Brock vs Hunt

doesnt mean brock wants a 5 round fight so comain is perfect for brock and the ufc be laughing all the way to the bank.

that why conor using the main event as a scapegoat is a joke for ducking cowboy at ufc 239.,

Well there you go, headlining the PPV.

I think they will put a very strong Co main

Back