Can a fighter win a round just by picking his opponent up?

CBohl

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
What if DC just held Stipe up in the air for 5 minutes?

How would the judges score this?
GloriousRichCrustacean-size_restricted.gif

He tried. Stipe buckled and he had to let go. I dont think its possible to do that.

The ref would say ok you need to work, first warning. Then he'd break the action. Funny idea though. How humiliating would it be to be carried for over 90 seconds in a round.

Anyone know the longest? Hughes vs Trigg 2? Hughes vs Newton?

What if DC just held Stipe up in the air for 5 minutes?

How would the judges score this?
GloriousRichCrustacean-size_restricted.gif

For all that time Daniel spent holding a 230 ish pound man, he sure did very little damage as he gave Stipe alot of time to prepare for the slam. It looked cool though lol Stipe was trapped until he decided to move.

The ref would say ok you need to work, first warning. Then he'd break the action. Funny idea though. How humiliating would it be to be carried for over 90 seconds in a round.

Anyone know the longest? Hughes vs Trigg 2? Hughes vs Newton?

Maybe tank trying to throw that dude out of the octagon back in the day.

Who the fuck thinks of this shit?
You're either really creative or really dumb.

Maybe tank trying to throw that dude out of the octagon back in the day.
Definitely Googling that one. What would the result have been? DQ or let the dude back in the cage and continue? Are there rules against throwing your opponent out of the cage? Because there shouldn't be. It should be a dub. That's the kind of UFC I want to watch.

I was gonna say the ref could warn them for stalling, but that would require a ref to actually interact with a fight. I'm sure Herb was standing there thinking, "He's got him up for a long time... hmm, 2 more minutes and I won't have any more of that."

Although it is Herb Dean, so if enough people boo, he'll probably break them immediately. And if everyone boos, he'll stop the fight as a TKO win for DC.

DC loses the round 10-9 cause he was on teh bottom

Definitely Googling that one. What would the result have been? DQ or let the dude back in the cage and continue? Are there rules against throwing your opponent out of the cage? Because there shouldn't be. It should be a dub. That's the kind of UFC I want to watch.

I don't think they had a rule on it til tank tried it. The ref was not warning him to stop or anything.

A+ thread, would throw in a sack over my shoulder to read again later

Back