I'm starting to think Nate Diaz's cardio is overrated

Unfinished Sentenc

testtest
@red
Reaction score
Says he was tired in 3rd round against Pettis, which is why he couldn't finish him, but it didn't seem that high-pace of a fight. Failed to finish Conor in rematch, suggesting he couldn't outcardio him, which he should have been able to because Conor's cardio is very bad. I am starting to think guys like Tony Ferguson and Colby Covington have far superior cardio than Nathan.

I was thinking during the fight that it wasn't as good as Nick's.

Probably one of the differences between the two, Nate has also shown against Michael Johnson, Mcgregor and especially Pettis that he's much better at embracing the art of 8 limbs than Nick.

Agreed. Nates cardio is a myth he has gassed twice now in his last two fights

Nate is overrated in many areas by his fanboys here.

Says he was tired in 3rd round against Pettis, which is why he couldn't finish him, but it didn't seem that high-pace of a fight. Failed to finish Conor in rematch, suggesting he couldn't outcardio him, which he should have been able to because Conor's cardio is very bad. I am starting to think guys like Tony Ferguson and Colby Covington have far superior cardio than Nathan.
Conors cardio is not bad at all... He's an explosive athlete who won the 5-round fight with Diaz & looked like he was on his way out again end of round 2... There's different pacing for fighters dependent on their body, muscle fibres, etc.

Nate & Nick for that matter are clearly built for endurance. They regularly compete in Tri-athalons & have always had a measured approach to the game... If Nate OR Nick goes 100 miles an hour, they will gas faster than usual. Nate said he tried to come out guns blazing because he knew he only had 3 rounds. Explosive athletes can wrap 2 rounds in the bag, gas round 3 & still win. If this was 5 rounds, Pettis would have been finished. Pettis took more shots in this fight statistically than any fight he's ever been in. That says something regardless how hard you think the shots are coming.. Nate did get tired round 2, but clearly was less tired than the explosive Pettis who was forced to fight a high-tempo pace the whole bout.

If Nate came out slower, he would've finished stronger-but at the jeapordy of making it a much closer fight & potentially losing. I thought 3 rounds vs. Pettis would be extremely difficult, but he did it anyways. 209 all day

He even said in the post fight, he warmed up hard so when he got in the cage it would feel like round 3.

They absolutely do. He has never shown the cardio of a Ferguson or Colby.

Didn't know anyone thought Nate's cardio was better, let alone on par with Ferguson's cardio. I don't even think Nate's cardio is up to par with guys Diego Sanchez, Clay Guida or Frankie Edgar at their primes.

I was thinking during the fight that it wasn't as good as Nick's.

Probably one of the differences between the two, Nate has also shown against Michael Johnson, Mcgregor and especially Pettis that he's much better at embracing the art of 8 limbs than Nick.
smoking pot 24/7 fks up your lungs. inhaling smoke regardless of what type of smoke is bad for you.

pot is as dangerous as regular smokes in regards to lungs and cardiovascular system. only difference its less addictive.

He's also 34 and takes a lot of time off between fights. No matter how many triathlons he does, it's still different than training for a fight.

And with age and less regular preparedness, things like cardio start to diminish some

I"m too lazy to find the video, but I think in the post-fight press conf. he conceded he paced himself wrong. Plus I would imagine the ring rust had an effect. To add to that, when he first appeared on TUF, big cardio was a thing, but now a lot of guys have caught on and worked the cardio (or found a good EPO supplier) so it doesn't really set you apart anymore.

smoking pot 24/7 fks up your lungs. inhaling smoke regardless of what type of smoke is bad for you.

pot is as dangerous as regular smokes in regards to lungs and cardiovascular system. only difference its less addictive.

So true. If Nate were to truly maximize his abilities as a fighter, he's gotta get off the god damn weed. Honestly it's remarkable his cardio is as good as it is with how much he smokes.

Nate hadn't fought since 2016, he came out hot and was instantly in Pettis face, probably the adrenaline and the fact that the Diaz Bros. could fight 10 rounds. He wasn't tired, they don't get tired. Both make opponents run from them.

I'd love to be as "out of shape" as a guy who did a triathlon to train for this fight that won every round and arguably got a 10-8 rd 3.

It is overrated... just like his skills in 2019...

They sellin y'all wolf tickets - Nick Diaz
method=get&s=wolf-tickets.gif

Back