What should DC do?

Shaddows

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Oh powerful Mods, COuld you please make this a poll? Much appreciated!!
  • Retire
  • Rematch Stipe
  • Rematch Jon
  • Look for money fights (i.e. Lesnar)
IMHO he should retire.
Not because he is getting old or declining, mind you.

But it is because he is undecided and THAT is detriment to his commitment to give himself 100%.
If he is "not sure" and needs to "talk it over", IMHO it is already over.
He has absolutely nothing to prove at this point, and he is not really hurting for money. Heck, he is young and can have a long career outside the octagon as a commentator, Gym owner/trainer and anything he puts his ond at. After all, he proved that he is a hard worker, and nothing can be harder than what he did up until now.

So... what are your thoughts?

Stipe rubber match. If he loses retire. If he wins have a 3rd match against Jones, then retire.

That's a tough question..
If he wants to continue fighting, i'd say he should have one or two more fights with different opponents and when he wins these fights without taking too much damage/showing signs of slowing down/getting old, then i'd think a rematch could make sense.
With his age and the fact that he took some harsh punishment from Stipe, i just think an immediate rematch could be very riskful for him.

He's already fought longer than he said he would, if he doesn't need the money then he should probably retire.

He should face Miocic and settle that, worst thing might happen is losing the fight and going home with a big bag of money..

Retire..or a gimme farewell fight. He's too fragile to handle Jon or Stipe handing him another L...so why risk it?

If he wants marquee fights that will make his legacy great. He needs to get the HW belt back and then defend vs Jones at Hw.

Retirement fight against an easy opponent. He can’t keep fighting Stipe in a beat of 5 for the title and it doesn’t seem he has any interest in jones.

hes 40 and had a great career - give him a farewell fight.

Should retire and continue being a commentator. Nice cushy job. Pays the bills and he is good at it. No shame in that. He had a good run.

i wouldnt mind jds vs dc, or overeem vs dc. if he decides he doesnt want miocic trilogy or jones, id say those 2 guys are the best for him. big names that are also hopefully hanging it up soon. cool to see some guys that never matched up before finally fight

He has nothing left to prove, 2 devision champ, fought at an elite level for many years, fought and beaten some of the best fighters of all time, no need to absorb any more unnecessary punishment considering he has shown he has many other talents for financial gain.

That's a tough question..
If he wants to continue fighting, i'd say he should have one or two more fights with different opponents and when he wins these fights without taking too much damage/showing signs of slowing down/getting old, then i'd think a rematch could make sense.
With his age and the fact that he took some harsh punishment from Stipe, i just think an immediate rematch could be very riskful for him.

Could be risky for Stipe too if he takes that same level of damage again.

he should do the rubber match with stipe

then regardless of outcome, fight jones again

he'll make $10 million from those two fights
then retire

Retire, heal up, commentate in the mean time. Then leverage the UFC for more money to come out of retirement when that itch comes back...

He has nothing left to prove, 2 devision champ, fought at an elite level for many years, fought and beaten some of the best fighters of all time, no need to absorb any more unnecessary punishment considering he has shown he has many other talents for financial gain.
Definitely true, but the competitiveness of DC is not to be underestimated, for the better or the worse. That being said, i'd much rather see him leaving MMA (as a competitor) behind and ride off into the sunset, than see him losing. (Not that he couldn't win a rematch or some other fights, but it's definitely risky at this point.)

Could be risky for Stipe too if he takes that same level of damage again.
True.. i was rooting for DC in both their fights, but i wouldn't want Stipe to take a lot of damage in a third match again.. maybe it's the best if they'll leave it at that.. i'd be fine with both fighters winning some more fights and going out on a win.

If his main concern is legacy, then fight Boner again.

A loss against him won't do much.

A win would mean DC can retire beating every fighter he has ever fought.

Oh powerful Mods, COuld you please make this a poll? Much appreciated!!
  • Retire
  • Rematch Stipe
  • Rematch Jon
  • Look for money fights (i.e. Lesnar)
IMHO he should retire.
Not because he is getting old or declining, mind you.

But it is because he is undecided and THAT is detriment to his commitment to give himself 100%.
If he is "not sure" and needs to "talk it over", IMHO it is already over.
He has absolutely nothing to prove at this point, and he is not really hurting for money. Heck, he is young and can have a long career outside the octagon as a commentator, Gym owner/trainer and anything he puts his ond at. After all, he proved that he is a hard worker, and nothing can be harder than what he did up until now.

So... what are your thoughts?

What should he do next? He should play Rerun in the "What's Happening" reboot

iu

Back