Media UFC 241 Fallout, Diaz vs Masvidal, McGregor Punches Old Man

Thickfreakness

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

This is a video series I started over on my YouTube channel, The MMA Movement. I'd appreciate if you checked it out and if you had any feedback. I posted the last one here last week and some people seemed to dig it.

It's not really a style I see a lot in MMA media. It tends to show up in movie-related pieces on YouTube, but hope you like it.

Can we just stop talking about Conor? The sport needs to move on.

I dig it. Especially the kitchen being located in your studio.

You've got a new subscriber buddy.

Oh, believe me. I'm bored of it too as I expressed in the video. But I'm Irish, and when Conor does something like what he did, being a prick pretty much, the double-standard thing gets thrown at me, so I had to address it.

Shut the fuck up.

Any fighter that has had some moment of relevance in MMA does something stupid in the real world we're gonna talk about it.

I dig it. Especially the kitchen being located in your studio.

You've got a new subscriber buddy.
Appreciate that, my man. And finally someone gets it. All these donks think my studio is in my kitchen, not the other way around. I'm glad you get it.

It is very well edited and well produced, but I am not sure who your key audience is. It is too straight forward and lacking unique insight for a hardcore MMA audience, and too long for a casual audience. If I were you I would decide who your intended audience is and then adjust from there, but it was good.

It is very well edited and well produced, but I am not sure who your key audience is. It is too straight forward and lacking unique insight for a hardcore MMA audience, and too long for a casual audience. If I were you I would decide who your intended audience is and then adjust from there, but it was good.
Thanks man!

Really appreciate the feedback and I don't think you're wrong.

The series was born out of necessity really, although it's a style I've wanted to do for a while. However, the concept was to tackle one topic, and more in depth than this. What happened is we normally produce a weekly podcast which would be more-so directed at hardcore MMA fans due to its length and the types of guests we go for (normally journalist types).

But we've had some personnel changes and holidays over the last few weeks and I wanted to get something out so I landed on going a more this style, which I wanted to do, but with a more general overview of the big news.

But, really, thanks again man. Appreciate the feedback and kind words in there.

Thanks man!

Really appreciate the feedback and I don't think you're wrong.

The series was born out of necessity really, although it's a style I've wanted to do for a while. However, the concept was to tackle one topic, and more in depth than this. What happened is we normally produce a weekly podcast which would be more-so directed at hardcore MMA fans due to its length and the types of guests we go for (normally journalist types).

But we've had some personnel changes and holidays over the last few weeks and I wanted to get something out so I landed on going a more this style, which I wanted to do, but with a more general overview of the big news.

But, really, thanks again man. Appreciate the feedback and kind words in there.

I will check out your next video!

It's not really a style I see a lot in MMA media. It tends to show up in movie-related pieces on YouTube, but hope you like it.

Good to see more content but this style of editing drives me up the wall. There might be an audience for it though.

Appreciate that, my man. And finally someone gets it. All these donks think my studio is in my kitchen, not the other way around. I'm glad you get it.
Dont use the word donk. You're better than that

Thanks for the feedback, man.

What part of the style in particular?

Editing in various media(fight footage, interviews, jpegs, movies) constantly. It's a style I see on some channels and it can get quit distracting for me. I understand the edits behind them but it's not something I find that adds to the message. Not for me though might appeal to some of the younger millennials.

Personally I'd rather see the edits toned down(no movie edits for humor) and get a basic continuous lighting setup instead of relying on the window light so that you can stop down a little bit so the focus doesn't hunt at all durning the video(or take the autofocus off).

Editing in various media(fight footage, interviews, jpegs, movies) constantly. It's a style I see on some channels and it can get quit distracting for me. I understand the edits behind them but it's not something I find that adds to the message. Not for me though might appeal to some of the younger millennials.

Personally I'd rather see the edits toned down(no movie edits for humor) and get a basic continuous lighting setup instead of relying on the window light so that you can stop down a little bit so the focus doesn't hunt at all durning the video(or take the autofocus off).

Thanks for the feedback man!

I'll certainly take it on board.

As for the lighting. I actually have one box light set up. Once I get my setup sorted, this won't be it in the future as you might guess, I want to arrange a three point lighting setup. I had to sort of improvise with the only space with decent other lighting and size that I have.

The autofocus was a nightmare, too. I agree. That'll be sorted to manual next time.

Thanks again.

Back