DC looked sloppy and stiff

LastingEffect

What greater gift than the love of a cat
@purple
Reaction score
DC walking forward with hands down trying to break Stipe. He was landing shots and even winning, but after each round he looked more and more sloppy. Ignoring Stipe's power, believing that he can out box the opponent.

His movements were awkward, at times it looked that he was having hard time backing off - just absorbing. Looked like a guy who knows how to do it, but can't anymore.

Edit. He looked and moved like punching bag with arms.

Age has caught up with him.

Last edited:
He had back surgery not too long ago and that could've been a factor in his lack of wrestling. He still pieced Stipe up for 13+ minutes.

He had back surgery not too long ago and that could've been a factor in his lack of wrestling. He still pieced Stipe up for 13+ minutes.
I would argue that he had movement stiffness in their first fight.

Dc looked great first 3 rounds

LOL, What happened after 15min in the 4th round is what matters

TalkativePlainCoyote-size_restricted.gif

Shit, stipe looked the same.

I honestly thought Cormier was giving Stipe a good ole fashioned ass whooping, he was dominating and Stipes face looked like the inside of a active volcano. But Cormier seemed to get frustrated and disheartened because I think he fought he did more than enough to finish Stipe. Stipe got a second wind for sure in the 4th round. Both looked tired though, I can't say Cormier gassed because honestly Stipe looked just as exhausted or more.

Dc looked great first 3 rounds
I agree that he was winning, but at times he looked like the additional weight was slowing him down. Like having bag of rocks on the back.

Last edited:
Shit, stipe looked the same.
But stipe always looks that way... He just goes on. DC was slowing down. Stipe looked like he can zombie out 5 more rounds.

Very interesting fight. Daniel's speed was the difference in the beginning, landing short combo's and kicks with accuracy. But as the fight went on, the kicks stopped and the speed slowed considerably..
Is that because Daniel expected to put Stipe away quickly and blew his wad in doing so? Did being heavier effect his endurance? Regardless, as the fight went on Stipe fought better and Daniel declined noticeably. A third bout would be ideal. But DC will do what's best for him.

But Cormier seemed to get frustrated and disheartened

Imo he got like that because he knew his cardio was as bad as never before. His fighting shape was for maximum 3 rounds and he felt it. Its a really fucked up feeling if you know your cardio is going extinct soon.

Doesnt have to mean anything but I ve never seen DC that much out of shape. A big belly and less muscle.

Imo he got like that because he knew his cardio was as bad as never before. His fighting shape was for maximum 3 rounds and he felt it. Its a really fucked up feeling if you know your cardio is going extinct soon.

Doesnt have to mean anything but I ve never seen DC that much out of shape. A big belly and less muscle.
Previous fights he was heavier.

DC looked good in rounds 1 and 2 and then started to fade. He put a beating on Stipe but Stipe was still standing. Stipe got a second wind right about the time Cormier started to fatigue. The reason he didn't KO Miocic with the punches he landed in the second fight is that Stipe saw them coming. It's very often the one you're not expecting that results in a KO even if it is not as hard of blow. That's what I think happened in fight #1. That punch, even though sort of an arm punch, was unseen and landed right on the sweet spot.

Stipe looked worse honestly.

Stipe’s only great moment was capitalizing on the bodyshots. Otherwise he looked super sloppy

Some of us have been pointing out for years that it's his handspeed that's fast and good, while the rest is rather awkward. But trying to rely on handspeed is just going to have you reaching all night, and trying to overcome the mistakes of the rest of your body by just keeping the hands busy to distract doesn't negate those other mistakes. Especially against a guy with a much longer reach.

DC's output was so high because he was trying to keep Stipe away with his hands, and Stipe kept coming and landing the better shots in the mean time.

Just a reminder, Stipe won after the first 15 minutes.

Back