Darren Till's next opponent?

codfather

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

Looks like he's fighting at UFC 244 on Nov 2 at Madison Square Garden.

He's moving to middleweight, so I'm thinking either Gastelum, Jacare or Anderson Silva.

They'll give him a non-top 10 fighter, Vettori or Hall I believe

Derek Brunson called him out on social media. So we’ll see if he wants to go that route. Would be a good test for him IMO. If he beats Brunson, he’s top 10 and it sets him up for a top 8 (or so) opponent.

Brunson would be perfect for him, imo. If he can't beat Brunson, Till will not get near the MW belt.
Khalil Rountree imo
Rountree's already fighting Ion Cutelaba on Sept. 28.

Brunson would be perfect for him, imo. If he can't beat Brunson, Till will not get near the MW belt.

Rountree's already fighting Ion Cutelaba on Sept. 28.
Think he's chasing Gastelum though if his twitter account is anything to go by. Not sure that ends well for him. Brunson might be a more reasonable entry into the MW ranks, particularly the new iteration; patient Brunson. Incidentally whatever happened to action kamikaze Brunson? I fucking miss that guy, the new version kinda stunk up the 241 main card, the rest of the bouts were awesome.

Think he's chasing Gastelum though if his twitter account is anything to go by. Not sure that ends well for him. Brunson might be a more reasonable entry into the MW ranks, particularly the new iteration; patient Brunson. Incidentally whatever happened to action kamikaze Brunson? I fucking miss that guy, the new version kinda stunk up the 241 main card, the rest of the bouts were awesome.
I honestly didn't think that fight was bad tbh, at least not nearly as bad as everyone is saying it was.

He probably realized he had to rein in the aggressiveness after the loss to Adesanya... That head kick in the beginning of the first round also probably scared him a bit.

I honestly didn't think that fight was bad tbh, at least not nearly as bad as everyone is saying it was.

He probably realized he had to rein in the aggressiveness after the loss to Adesanya... That head kick in the beginning of the first round also probably scared him a bit.
Eh wasn't great mate, I actually though Henisch looked good for a round, but jeez man has to work on his cardio, tbf it probably looked worse considering the 4 fights that followed it were all bangers. Head kick likely made him cautious but what was the reason for him fighting in a similar more cautious fashion against Elias a fight prior? Incidentally Heinisch was clearly gassing in the third, the old Brunson would have swarmed and likely got a finish.

Last edited:
I think he loses to anyone in the top 10
Reckon? I'm curious to see if he goes the other way and becomes a savage like the Reaper, who himself didn't have a distinguished career at 170. Till likely cut a lot more weight than the Reaper too. I'd fancy his chances against Brunson for one and potentially Heinisch if the latter is still ranked in the top 10 when the rankings are updated post 241.

Reckon? I'm curious to see if he goes the other way and becomes a savage like the Reaper, who himself didn't have a distinguished career at 170. Till likely cut a lot more weight than the Reaper too. I'd fancy his chances against Brunson for one and potentially Heinisch if the latter is still ranked in the top 10 when the rankings are updated post 241.

Doesn't have the grappling or wrestling to compete with the top guys, good counter striking but his game isn't well rounded. He is adding to it, scored some takedowns against Masvidal, but I don't know how much you can take away from that since Masvidal is small for WW compared to Till and he didn't really do anything with the takedown once he scored it

Looks like he's fighting at UFC 244 on Nov 2 at Madison Square Garden.

He's moving to middleweight, so I'm thinking either Gastelum, Jacare or Anderson Silva.

Tim Boetsch

tim-boetsch.png

To skip to the head of the line rankings wise kelvin would be best option but I think til gets beat

Brunson called till out as well and that’s been a much more winnable fight

To skip to the head of the line rankings wise kelvin would be best option but I think til gets beat

Brunson called till out as well and that’s been a much more winnable fight
If he beats Brunson he still has to go through a guy like Gastelum to be in the title conversation, but I would argue his option is to hard fights before a TS or a tune up fight with Brunson, and 1 really big fight could put him up there

Back