DC obviously cut weight

lalaland

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Walt Harris - 258.5 to 260 (1.5 lbs)
Andrei Arlovski - 245.5 to 248 (2.5 lbs)
https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/1/...-only-had-4-5-pound-advantage-on-amanda-nunes

Stipe Miocic - 230.5 to 233 (2.5 lbs)
Daniel Cormier - 236.5 to 247 (10.5 lbs)
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/08/csac-13-fighters-at-ufc-241-broke-rules-on-weight-gain/amp

Quit claiming that a 10.5 lbs weight gain post weigh in is normal for a heavyweight. It's not. There's a reason none of the other heavies fluctuated anywhere near that much. DC obviously cut weight for some reason.

DC likes the sauna not sure who said that but here you have it.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/1/...-only-had-4-5-pound-advantage-on-amanda-nunes

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/08/csac-13-fighters-at-ufc-241-broke-rules-on-weight-gain/amp

Quit claiming that a 10.5 lbs weight gain post weigh in is normal for a heavyweight. It's not. There's a reason none of the other heavies fluctuated anywhere near that much. DC obviously cut weight for some reason.

Soft guys, Costa took almost 28 lbs in 36 hrs

He cuts weight to look ripped as fuck at the weigh ins.

No he didnt cut weight. Hes just a fatass. I'm an amatuer fighter who fights 140 (same day weigh in). I got KO'd in Anaheim and stress ate a shit load of Roscoe's chicken. Woke up the next morning at 148.

I think he would actually benefit from losing a few pounds.

You're trying to tell us you gained 8 lbs overnight by eating Roscoe's.

To clarify, you think you consumed over 8 lbs worth of food and drink. That's an actual thought you have.

And you think DC ate over 10lbs of food. To clarify, that's also what you're claiming here, correct? That DC ate over 10lbs worth of food and drink in a single day, and held onto all of it before fight night's weigh-in.
I don't know if or why DC would cut weight, but gaining 8 lbs in one day is entirely possible. It would just be mostly water. Have a couple high sodium meals. Happens to me all the time. I'm around 200, so I would think it would be harder for someone weighing 140, but I believe it.

He cuts weight to look ripped as fuck at the weigh ins.
LOLOLOLOLO................................

sigh... good one sir... and Tragically True it would seem. Especially being the Fat looking fuk he is.

To clarify, you think you consumed over 8 lbs worth of food and drink. That's an actual thought you have.

And you think DC ate over 10lbs of food. To clarify, that's also what you're claiming here, correct? That DC ate over 10lbs worth of food and drink in a single day, and held onto all of it before fight night's weigh-in.

Yes sir, that's exactly what I'm saying. Granted I didnt actually compete at 148 I felt like shit. But DC is much mentally stronger than I am.

Maybe he just followed his usual pre-fight routine of cutting weight and rehydrateing... But it was obviously not needed

You've got to take into account that one gallon of fluid weighs 8 pounds.....

People eat a lot after depleting their bodies, usually a lot of unhealthy,salty foods. The salty food causes the body to retain (at least temporarily) most of the fluids they consume.

All of the food you see below weighs about 11 - 12 lbs. (8 of that being the gallon of gatorade alone).
In the 12 hours following a half marathon, I could easily eat all that (plus more). Even allowing for pissing out a half gallon of the gatorade at bed time, that would still be a bout 8 lbs. in my body)

fried-chicken-breast-leg-wing-isolated-white-background-33263595.jpg

caramel-hat-trick-en-landing.png

2891e74c-b8f9-40b3-8740-89514b80f6c2_1.53b8cc9a1afac39069fae0f3f98ee921.jpeg

Just a perspective you may not be aware of

A lot of the time when training for an athletic endeavour you are very strict for most of the process, working super hard and eating super clean.

About two or even three weeks out from the event the training is actually tapered off dramatically to make sure that any niggles you have been experiencing along the way are sorted by the time you have to perform.

at this point you also know that all your training is done and so you can afford to relax a bit from all of the discipline stuff, the preparation is done.

think about dc reducing his workload dramatically so he isnt burning the calories anymore, and also allowing himself to pig out after weigh in, because thats what he likes to do.

you take a body that is super clean and healthy and then you pile in several large meals, salty foods that make you retain water blah blah blah blah.

sorry if this is gross but if he is used to processing much less food and then all of a sudden starts eating way more again...over a period of time that food he just ate hasnt left his body and he is still adding in more on top.

I'm not saying that a 10lb increase in weight is normal or expected but its pretty easy to understand how it could happen without dc necessarily cutting weight.

im no heavyweight but i could easily eat food weighing about 2 pounds and wash it down with a further 2 pounds of liquid. then i might have a dessert and a coffee afterwards., easily another pound. Thats 5 pounds in one sitting, and these arent abnormal eating habits.

how much more could DC put away in 24 hours than that 1 meal?

its not that much

No he didnt cut weight. Hes just a fatass. I'm an amatuer fighter who fights 140 (same day weigh in). I got KO'd in Anaheim and stress ate a shit load of Roscoe's chicken. Woke up the next morning at 148.

And for those reading this, the moral of the story here is don't eat Roscoe's chicken before a fight because it will cause you to get knocked out and gain 8 lbs.

Fair enough...

images

People asking the reason why as he did not need to make weight.

Apparently he likes to use the sauna before weigh ins. So that's why.

But the real question is why does he love to use the sauna at that time?

Maybe he just followed his usual pre-fight routine of cutting weight and rehydrateing... But it was obviously not needed

Unless he is Hella superstitious this is the dumbest thing ever

Back