Question for Pro fighters- how can Stipe be that good and still hold another job as a fireman?

TheMaster

Take The Road To Reality
@red
Reaction score
Dude holds another job as firefighter
That is just crazy.
Unless it is just like 2 days a week or something.
But even then...
So how can he train that much and be that got when mma isnt even his main thing?

Also unrelated question
Why does he speak broken english when he was born in the US?

Still, respect that guy for being HW champ and basically doing mma as a hobby.

Also message for sherdoggers- let Stipe be an example:
Get off this forum and do something with your lives

Because the HW division is an absolute travesty and the skill level has went down massively since the Pride era. You have a fireman with golden gloves experience as the champion. You have an African who has absolutely zero martial arts experience of any kind absolutely body bagging everyone as the next big thing. You have Derrick Lewis lol. Then a bunch of washed up ex Pride and UFC stars from 2005.

Because HW division is pathetic. All big A, B, C level athletes are in NFL, NBA or even freaking baseball.

Watching the HW titlefight a few days ago, really answered your question. It was embarassing to see. The division is just terrible. Look at the top guys in the Pride days, and you will see the difference in skill levels.

It's not at all unusual for professional fighters to have to work to support themselves while pursuing their careers. Not everyone has promotional & managerial teams that pay them a salary to train full time. In fact, that's a very rare thing.
I worked part-time & attended college full time during my career in the ring & most of the guys that I trained with had full-time jobs.
Now, that was in boxing & kickboxing, not MMA but I don't imagine it's any different for them aside from those that have made it to the upper echelon of the sport. If they don't have regular 9-5 jobs then they're teaching MMA, doing seminars or hustling for sponsors.

Dude holds another job as firefighter
That is just crazy.
Unless it is just like 2 days a week or something.
But even then...
So how can he train that much and be that got when mma isnt even his main thing?

Also unrelated question
Why does he speak broken english when he was born in the US?

Still, respect that guy for being HW champ and basically doing mma as a hobby.

Also message for sherdoggers- let Stipe be an example:
Get off this forum and do something with your lives

who cares what stipe does on his normal 9/5 life.

Because he's the very embodiment of American exceptionalism! Stipe, Springsteen, Bob Seger - they're represent the true spirit of the working class that has absorbed so many economic and cultural shocks for so many decades.

He can barely speak English because A. Ohio and B. The American Education system is criminally underfunded and understaffed. Americans don't give a shit about education and a lot of the time in the Midwest you are looked down upon for achieving something greater than sticking around your shithole hometown for the rest of your life.

Him thanking all the cops on his way out was hilarious. He's a big dumb redneck essentially.

Becuase fedor is no longer in his prime and the rest of these guys are flat footed and overweight

Question is how much he really is working as a fire fighter?

I know fire fighters. They have a lot of free time but its also a very demanding job when on the clock and were I live we dont have any paid "part time" fire fighters.

We have a lot of part time voluntary fire fighters but thats not really a job. I guess Stipe gets extra rules as a celebrity which I think should not apply to such a job.

With his focus being that much on mma I would definitely not employ him as a fire fighter.
Imo people underestimate how demanding the job can get and needs constant retraining of skills ..etc

1. This was covered in-depth by a beer commercial

2. Firefighters I know do super long shifts & therefore have lots of days off. It may vary but the guys I know do 48 hour shifts at the fire house & then basically have a week off. They tell me that they can usually train a lot during most shifts (which makes sense because they are supposed to be fit)

All due respect to firefighters. I’m only pointing out that it’s a job where the scheduling could work with a fighter’s training schedule

These are the exceptions to the rule and at least during a camp he doesn't work. Shane Carwin also had a full time job, but somehow got time off when in camp. DC teaches high school wrestling, but I doubt he teaches it when in camp.

These are very unusual situations where the company or position is very flexible and probably has a lot to do with celebrity. 98% of people couldn't do this.

If you were a no name fighter fighting for some no name MMA promotion and had a 9 to 5 regular office job, you couldn't go to your boss and say hey I'm rolling into a camp, I'll be back in 3 months.

These types of no name entry level fighters probably train before and after their full time job every day and if they have a fight they may ask for 1 day off or something. But I doubt these guys have office jobs. It's probably a trade or construction or they are a trainer or something. You couldn't do that in a 40 hour work week office job where you fight on Saturday, get hurt and come in on Monday with your face all jacked up and in a cast.

The second by second nature of big pro sports doesn't really apply to combat sports.

With combat sports the nature of it and lot of grift can be used to win overall contests.

It's not like the full time goats of combat sports after years of training and bouts are still not grifting to win.

It's not at all unusual for professional fighters to have to work to support themselves while pursuing their careers. Not everyone has promotional & managerial teams that pay them a salary to train full time. In fact, that's a very rare thing.
I worked part-time & attended college full time during my career in the ring & most of the guys that I trained with had full-time jobs.
Now, that was in boxing & kickboxing, not MMA but I don't imagine it's any different for them aside from those that have made it to the upper echelon of the sport. If they don't have regular 9-5 jobs then they're teaching MMA, doing seminars or hustling for sponsors.
I get it bout u and average Joe wanna be pro or legit pro mma fighter /kickboxer/boxer . But you’re not and weren’t the freaking champion ( arguably GOAT heavyweight ) of the largest , richest combat /mma sports org in the world worth billions . We’re not talking bout some dude on prelims making 25,000to show , 25 to win . We’re talking Stipe here . He maybe set now but I remember him saying even as champ ( in his former run ) that he absolutely had to work another job for his family , benefits and guaranteed retirement . What’s the fucking point to wreck your body and mind for the just bleed gods if u are gonna be broke and damaged after with little options other than coaching and owning your own gym /dojo ? get it , I get it , Pursuing your dream and all that . Following your passion . Calling . I understand .

plenty of fighters do stuff outside of fighting, it's best too look at being a fireman as a hobby he likes to do on the side, if anything it's like active recovery.

These bums made their ranks by beating up old, washed up Pride legends. To put things into perspective, Reem and Werdum were journeymen fighters in Pride when Fedor,Nog, and CC were running the ranks.

Noobs on here have no idea how deep and competitive Pride's HW division used to be.
The division was filled with young, hungry lions that had legit credentials in various martial arts, polar opposite from the UFCs terrible HW division.

Fire fighters get a lot of time off. And plus he’s only pt

He can barely speak English because A. Ohio and B. The American Education system is criminally underfunded and understaffed. Americans don't give a shit about education and a lot of the time in the Midwest you are looked down upon for achieving something greater than sticking around your shithole hometown for the rest of your life.

Him thanking all the cops on his way out was hilarious. He's a big dumb redneck essentially.
I hope you’re in a fire and no one comes to help.

He works part time so he probably works one 24 hour day a week. My dad was a firefighter and he only worked 1 full day on 1 fulk day off with a 3 day break or a 5 day break once a month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back