Contrary to popular Sherbro belief... the UFC does not want Nate vs Masvidal

xMaxPower

Red Belt
Reaction score
Conor vs Nate III
Masvidal vs Edwards
This is what the UFC wants.

Three categories:
1) Super casuals... people who dont watch sports and only tune in for superstars
... theyll only pay for Conor, Ronda, Brock, or Big Drama like if Colby called Kamaru the N-Word on ESPN. Theyll generally only tune in if everyone else is tuning in to fit in. The supercasuals are the majority of Conors/Rondas/Brocks PPV buys as they sell over a million ppvs.

2) Casuals... the general sports fan only tune in for stars... Theyll tune in because espn will be promoting the hell out of this fight while theyre watching NBA. These cards will get 500k buys.

3) Hardcores... people who post on mma forums tune in for every good card... theyll pay for a stacked card with many high ranked fighters, but dont have star names. These cards will get 200k buys.

"
Who wouldnt want to see that fight", they say.... Ill tell you who... the super casuals.

I was watching mma with a girl once...Yoel KO'd Chris Weidman with a flying knee and she's like "that didn't look like it hit hard"... I told her that her head would be in outer space if that connected on her.
My point is, because they cannot relate to or understand what makes Masvidals flying knee so special, they wont be inclined to buy the PPV after they see their promotion of it.

Ill tell you what they do understand though, Drama. EVERYONE can relate to drama, and when you're not in the middle of it, its fun to observe. Its why Ronda and Conor sold so much. Their fights always had Drama. Girls see ronda being a bitch, and they think "she's so catty!!!", and they buy it.

Nate vs Masvidal will not rake in the Super Casuals. Theyll rake in the casuals and hardcores, amounting to probably about 600k ppvs, which is still good... but its not maximizing profit. Nate by himself fighting someone else not named Masvidal or Conor could probably pull 400k-500k.

TLDR:
Drama sells...
Edwards vs Masvidal... Big drama show
Conor vs Nate III... Big drama show
Nate vs Masvidal... cool fight... but No Big Drama show

The End

EDIT:

Conor wants the fight.
Nates probably taking the money fight over the gangstar fight.

Last edited:
Okay and what makes you believe Conor is coming back? He's more likely to fight Khabib than Nate right now

TS is just high, move on y'all's way peeps.

not every fight needs to sell 1mill +

nate vs Jorge will do fine

let em bang bro

Okay and what makes you believe Conor is coming back? He's more likely to fight Khabib than Nate right now

I didnt say he's coming back.
I'm just telling ya'll what the UFC wants and what makes sense for them business wise.

Imagine how cool ts felt making this thread.

Imagine how cool ts felt making this thread.
453413.jpg

this amount of cool

Except Conor is not a ww.

It makes more sense for them to stay their lanes.

I just used my left hand instead of my right. Real nice

The UFC doesn't always get what they want

I think we get Nate X Mas for NYC card

The fights you claim the UFC want could still happen after
They don't need to happen next

Some solid points but

Super casuals don't know who Edwards is and probably don't care about him and Masvidal.

Some solid points but

Super casuals don't know who Edwards is and probably don't care about him and Masvidal.

true, but itll draw the casuals and hardcores, just like how nate vs mas would.
Nate vs Conor will draw the super casuals though.

I don't want Masvidal vs. Nate either.

I'm a super casual and I want to see it.
Masvidal, Kimbo's backyard fighter versus Diaz, Stockton's Conor slapper?
Hell ya
giphy.gif

I'm a super casual and I want to see it.
Masvidal, Kimbo's backyard fighter versus Diaz, Stockton's Conor slapper?
Hell ya
giphy.gif

casuals actually dont know masvidal was a street fighter in the kimbo days.
they dont exactly promote that.
If they did, he'd be a bigger star.

casuals actually dont know masvidal was a street fighter in the kimbo days.
they dont exactly promote that.
If they did, he'd be a bigger star.

Don't confuse me with logic, I want to see that fight!

Back