Nate Diaz will handily beat George Masvidal

RxmDiaries

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Nate is better everywhere. He’s a better boxer, applies more pressure, has better footwork, better gas tank, and is better on the ground (bjj blackbelt). I just don’t see how Masvidal wins, unless it’s a flash KO, but Nate has an iron chin.

With that being said, this is under the assumption that it’s 5 rounds. Diaz has better cardio and will wear him down; however if it’s a 3 rd fight Masvidals chances increase, but then again, Nate might switch up his gameplan like he did for the Pettis fight.

Glad Nate is finally getting the respect he deserves, lot of idiots we’re talking shit in the lead up, especially you Snackgod... lol pathetic.

Yeah I think so too.

Especially seeing what he did to Pettis. Hes gonna clinch and own Jorge on the ground if he cant do it standing

Masvidal is faster, and hits harder. So Nate is not better everywhere as those are important attributes, especially early in the fight.

I think Nate being underrated was mostly because of Conor

Nobody really acknowledged that he improved / peaked / entered his prime as a fighter because doing so would be also giving Conor credit

Nate was really the first fuel that supported the narrative that Conor was overrated, never that good, not a top 10 fighter etc. Whenever someone wants to hate on Conor, it's easy to just bring up Nate's record, argue that he lost to a journeyman that isn't a top 10 fighter.

Which is / was sad for Nate more than anything. Happy to see him get some of the respect he deserves.

Last edited:
Masvidal is faster, and hits harder. So Nate is not better everywhere as those are important attributes, especially early in the fight.

Masvidal is not faster, but sure, he may hit harder. Diaz can eat bombs tho. Masvidal lost to 2013 Al Iaquinta

Very tough fight to call. Would love to find out.

Masvidal is not faster, but sure, he may hit harder. Diaz can eat bombs tho. Masvidal lost to 2013 Al Iaquinta

Al went 5 rounds short notice with Khabib. That has to mean something. He’s tough.

Pettis was piecing up Nate in the beginning before he took it to the clinch. Masvidal is a larger fighter without the same weaknesses as Pettis and has better wrestling than Nate.

Feel like the same could be said about a lot of Nate's opponents but he still manages to utilize his reach and clinch work to wear them down. If this is a 5 rounder I'd favor Nate.

Masvidal is still a wildcard to me, idk how good he is yet.

He hasn't really gotten beaten by anybody, just lost weird decisions for the most part.

Agreed, love nate, praise 209 & everything that comes with those brothers. They can say something stupid & it's gold. Tough to ever cheer against them, but I think Masvidal is a very tough fight for him. Mas is bigger, he's technical on the feet, solid wrestling & defence.. Of course I'd watch this, don't be crazy, but I don't wana see Nate lose unless it's a hard fought war with Conor possibly just to get a couple more massive events the world is watching.... Half of you think the same, the others don't agree with me at all.. In 209 I trust, good day

I think Masvidal has a significant hand speed advantage over Nate. I don't know if he'll win as this is a tough fight to call, but I think he's clearly faster than Nate.

Are you serious lmao

Jorge has arguably better boxing, faster hands, appears to have more pop in his shots on average, better wrestling (literally anyone can outwrestle pettis, that's not a good barometer against Jorge), better muay thai....

The fact anyone thinks this fight would be some one sided wash in either direction shows you don't watch fights.

Masvidal is better @ 170 lbs and he’s been staying active w/o taking much damage in all of his recent fights.

I think Masvidal has a significant hand speed advantage over Nate. I don't know if he'll win as this is a tough fight to call, but I think he's clearly faster than Nate.
Everyone's faster than Nate and he's fought some fast guys like MJ and Melvin. Nate usually gets the timing down and starts landing his shots

Jorge speed with be nothing nate hasn't seen before

Everyone's faster than Nate and he's fought some fast guys like MJ and Melvin. Nate usually gets the timing down and starts landing his shots

Jorge speed with be nothing nate hasn't seen before
You could be right. I think Jorge needs to utilize his speed and power early or Nate may wear him down like he does to so many opponents. It's a fight I'd like to see, should be a war.

Are you serious lmao

Jorge has arguably better boxing, faster hands, appears to have more pop in his shots on average, better wrestling (literally anyone can outwrestle pettis, that's not a good barometer against Jorge), better muay thai....

The fact anyone thinks this fight would be some one sided wash in either direction shows you don't watch fights.
Even after Saturday people are still seemingly oblivious about what Nates strengths as a boxer are

image.jpeg

Back