Body shots

yekmurat

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I know most of ultra professional martial artist sherdoggers knows how important they are but I just realized they are so effective.I am sure we will see them more after this point,I think if Stipe did not hit with them DC would pull the win by dec or KO

They're only effective until you get countered to the mug and knocked the fuck out.

I didn't actually mind who the winner would be either way in this one.

But it frustrated me how DC could have won either on points or by potential finish if he wrestled more in the the first three rounds, before tiring.

Plenty of fighters use them. Its just most fans don't notice because they're not flashy.

Former Glory champ Nieky Holzken has some nasty liver shots.
Very effective, of you don 't get countered.

Plenty of fighters use them. Its just most fans don't notice because they're not flashy.

DefiniteThisAuk-size_restricted.gif

PotableMarriedEasternglasslizard-size_restricted.gif

Jose Aldo has improved with that nasty liver shot

Other than the occasional liver shot, they're more of an investment rather than the instant gratification of a head shot, so most guys just head hunt. They also lower your guard on punches and can be caught and taken down on kicks. They definitely add up and are a good way to set up head shots as well.

The big difference is that a lot of fighters use them sparingly. Stipe wasn't setting up his shots at all, just single hook to the liver over and over. Maybe DC overthought the situation and just let Stipe do it without any repercussions.

eh, MMA has already evolved to include body shots a ton more than they used too. Still room for better and more frequent utilization but this will hardly be a catalyst.

It's heavyweight MMA. sometimes you just throw a technique and it works so you just keep doing it and it knocks the other guy out. Heavyweights don't exactly adjust to shit. Stipe/Cormier, Overeem/Browne, Browne/Werdum, etc.

Do people even watch the sport? Sabina Mazo hurt Shana Dobson badly with a body shot.

You dont see it often compared to say boxing because 1) they're not boxers duh, but 2) and most importantly because of all the variery of strikes and threat of a takedown these guys have to be a lot farther than from each other in a striking battle.

You can see how good of a boxer Stipe is though for a MMA guy. Those body shots were fast and crisp and the way he set them up were beautiful.

I love seeing body shot KO's because no matter how tough a dude is or how great their chin is. A perfectly placed body will always bring them to their knees.

For example Stephens against Aldo. Stephens is one of the toughest dudes in the UFC and the way he was wincing in pain and crumbled to the ground is so shocking lol.

Both Anderson and Jones hurt DC with body shots. Kind of surprised it took so long for someone to capitalize on that hole in his game.

You dont see it often compared to say boxing because 1) they're not boxers duh, but 2) and most importantly because of all the variery of strikes and threat of a takedown these guys have to be a lot farther than from each other in a striking battle.

You can see how good of a boxer Stipe is though for a MMA guy. Those body shots were fast and crisp and the way he set them up were beautiful.

I love seeing body shot KO's because no matter how tough a dude is or how great their chin is. A perfectly placed body will always bring them to their knees.

For example Stephens against Aldo. Stephens is one of the toughest dudes in the UFC and the way he was wincing in pain and crumbled to the ground is so shocking lol.

IDGAF what anyone says that Aldo liver shot on Stephens was one of the most epic MMA moments of 2018.

Back