125lb division is done, what's next for 135lb division?

usadaguy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Cejudo declined Benavidez rematch, because he doesn't want to cut 10lb extra again.

1 year ago flyweight division had 25-35 fighters. Today its only 12 fighters in this weight class:
4x no names without wiki pages,
Champion Cejudo - current bantamweight,
Benavidez - no 1 flyweight contender,
Elliott - current bantamweight,
Formiga - he was KOed by Benavidez (even twice),
Benoit - missed weight last time,
Schnell,
Pantoja,
Figueiredo.

I'm very happy this division is finally dead. They can go to ONE FC or fight in bantamweight. Nobody cares about this division.

In 2020 end of midgets should be official.

What's next for Cejudo then?
Real contenders like Sterling, Yan or Sandhagen?
Or money fights like Faber, Cruz or Edgar?

I think Cejudo vs Faber is next. Faber beat top 30 fighter by quick KO but he is the biggest name at 135 or even 145.

Edgar should win at least 1 fight in new weight class. Sterling vs Edgar is a good fight to make. Sterling is still bigger man than Edgar.
Yan vs Sandhagen - great fight on the feet.
Cruz vs Assuncao - good fight for Cruz comeback.

135 is one of the most exciting divisions currently. Great prospects coming through and the top 5 is great.

Cruz, Faber and Frankie could all return and bring reasonably big fights to the division aswell.

Aldo incoming. 135 is looking AWESOME!!

now we just need TJ back and 135 is probably the deepest division on the roster.

I must be in the minority but I liked the fights at 125

Just give Benavidez a belt to close the Flyweight chapter

1fMYH9.jpg

The UFC is still promoting 125.

ACA champion Askar Askarov just got signed to fight LFA champion Brandon Moreno.

Aldo incoming. 135 is looking AWESOME!!

now we just need TJ back and 135 is probably the deepest division on the roster.

I don't believe that Aldo can make 135lb. Benavidez should get title shot for 135lb belt if Cejudo won't defend 125lb belt.

Back