Media Chael confirmed that DC cut weight

2Wasted2Day

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
On his latest YouTube Video Chael says he knows people who saw DC cutting weight before the weigh in.

What would be the purpose of this, hit me with the facts Sherbros!!!

He wanted to look good in the weigh-ins as the W was already in the bag.

I guess he wantes to make a misconception of being lighter and having less power. He's power just didn't matter because he couldn't pull same trick as in the 1st fight and hit from a blind angle.

It was reported right after the fight. He weighed in at 236 lbs and in the cage was 247 lbs.
Extremly odd.
Stipe weighed in 230lbs, cageweight 233 lbs.

<{hfved}>

It was reported right after the fight. He weighed in at 236 lbs. And in the cage was 247 lbs.
Extremly odd.
Stipe weighed in 230lbs, cageweight 233 lbs.
yeah you're right ill get the link in a second.

I have no clue why but Cormier decided to cut 10.5 pounds.

I can see stipe potentially weighing in in morning before food and putting on a few pounds but Cormier the only thing I can think of is wanting to stick to a fight week routine

Could be a long shot, but maybe he was testing a minor cut, because he was contemplating another crack at Jones!

Dan Hardy talked about his own weight cutting experiences. He thinks that a small weight cut ws necessary for getting ready for a battle. Just a little bit of suffering and something to go through before stepping in the octagon.

He said that back in sword and shield age soldiers didn’t just step out of their house to go to war, they had to grab their weapons and shields and march miles and miles to get to the battlefield. So that is kind of a metaphorical tradition.

Maybe there’s something like this idea behind that Cormier’s cut? I have no other explanation for it

<Fedor23>

Cormier didn't really look lighter at all compared to the first fight. 10 pounds less or so would be fairly noticeable on DC. Guess he wanted to look slimmer before the fight or play some mind games on Stipe or something. Strange

probably just trying to get into the mindset.

Some fighters actually enjoy the weight cut because it makes it feel more "real" to them, like they are so used to it being a major part of the process/fight that it throws them off if they don't go through it

Dan Hardy talked about his own weight cutting experiences. He thinks that a small weight cut ws necessary for getting ready for a battle. Just a little bit of suffering and something to go through before stepping in the octagon.

He said that back in sword and shield age soldiers didn’t just step out of their house to go to war, they had to grab their weapons and shields and march miles and miles to get to the battlefield. So that is kind of a metaphorical tradition.

Maybe there’s something like this idea behind that Cormier’s cut? I have no other explanation for it

<Fedor23>

exactly, something like this.

its not like a 10lb cut really made any difference at all though

On his latest YouTube Video Chael says he knows people who saw DC cutting weight before the weigh in.

What would be the purpose of this, hit me with the facts Sherbros!!!

Makes no sense.. if true...

Why would he jeopardize his energy levels/cardio just to play some silly mind games ?

Probably embarrassed to be seen as a fatass.

Probably wanted people thinking he trained hard

Yeah, most likely explanation would be a vain one.
And I seriously wondered if DC trained properly for this fight or was injured at some point during his camp when I saw his weigh ins physique : fatter despite being 1lbs smaller than last time...

Last edited:
Cormier didn't really look lighter at all compared to the first fight. 10 pounds less or so would be fairly noticeable on DC. Guess he wanted to look slimmer before the fight or play some mind games on Stipe or something. Strange

He actually looked fatter.
Last time he was heavier but you could clearly see he was thicker in the back/shoulders/arms area.
This time he looked like a dadbod version of himself, considering he weighed in within 5lbs of his "in octagon" LHW weight, where he is much more inshape...

Did Chael actually say you don't see the liver shot in MMA? lol. Hell, Paulo threw on few on Yoel...Aldo? On and on it goes.

So he ate entire turkey, or what?

DC had said he was going to come in lighter because he was expecting a longer fight but this is strange.

Back