UFC 241 fight purses. Stipe got 850,000 last night.

Damn they used that pic for DC.

Stipe wasnt supposed to win the belt the first time. His pay was low but when he got the belt, he was vocal about getting paid after working his way up to the belt.
I recall there was a bit of a hold out that started at one point while he had the belt. Stipe has a family, a job he likes outside the UFC and doesnt blow money on things the way many fighters do. He could hold out as long as he wanted and not have cared. Dana knew it and was forced to give him a substantial contract.

On a side note, Romero right eye is screwed up for life. His face looks so different now.
I salute a man, who is rich enough to retire, has nothing to prove, got a broken orbital during his last fight few months ago, and still accepted a fight against a badass striker, young and powerful such as Paulo Costa.. and for what? 200k$? Seriously?

Last edited:
They all got more than that.

Romero sticking his tongue out every 10 seconds was fucking retarded.

Jesus christ Romero looks like one of those fucking things from Fallout

Well if you remember, Stipe got cucked at UFC 203
Stipe Miocic: $600,000 (no win bonus)
def. Alistair Overeem: $800,000

The challenger made more than the champion defending in his home city.

So I'm glad Stipe is making that amount, especially with how tough that fight was

He wasn't making anything until he won the belt. Then he got a good contract by UFC standards.

But he wasn't making Weidman money. $24K to show up and fight and another $24K to beat Anderson Silva. UFC should have been ashamed to pay him that.

Last edited:
Romero sticking his tongue out every 10 seconds was fucking retarded.

He's clearly trying to copy Colby.

zDr6Orf.jpg

He wasn't anything until he won the belt. Then he got a good contract by UFC standards.

But he wasn't making Weidman money. $24K to show up and fight and another $24K to beat Anderson Silva. UFC should have been ashamed to pay him that.
Serious!? Had no idea. Thats shameful Dana, borderline fucking illegal.

He wasn't anything until he won the belt. Then he got a good contract by UFC standards.

Reminds me of Jardine making like 14 grand for beating Liddell while Liddell made 500k lol

I'm surprised by that because DC's show pay prior was $1 million and I don't think it was 500/500. I was $1 million flat. Also surprised by Nate's $250K show. I thought it would be also $1 million. DC got PPV points though and I'm sure Nate did too. Let's say the PPV did 500K buys, they each probably made about $4 million total.

Last edited:
Stipe has been a UFC heavyweight since 2011 and has more title defenses than any other heavyweight. Heavyweights tend to get paid more and Stipe gambled on himself and won. Weidman did the same thing where he went into the Anderson fight making peanuts and then renegotiated his contract after that and made something like $500k to show in the rematch and in the rest of his title defenses. Overeem has also always made a lot for a non champion because heavyweight, they had to compete with outside organizations to sign him, and it's worth it to pay him rather than let him be a draw for Bellator, ONE, or K-1. Hell, as someone else already pointed out, the Reem cucked Stipe in his hometown by getting $800k to show, while Stipe got $600k.

Come on man, Weidman chose not to renew his contract for the Silva fight. It wasn't the UFC, it was Weidman. He wanted to fight out his contract with the confidence that when he wins the belt he was going negotiate for a much bigger contract which worked in his favor. That's the context of that 24k pay.

Back