Casey Kenney gave up 20lbs to Bermudez

First fight in, he beats Ray borg who actually missed weight and was on a few days notice.

Than he has to fight a 140 pound catch weight against a 14-0 Manny Bermudez and performed well on the ground too.
He even used to fight at 125 too

The only guy to win a title with average physical ability is TJ Dillashaw but this guy is pretty good and should be around for a while

I'm the only one who watched and was impressed?

That was a great perfomance. I knew there was something to Kenney, but I still picked Bermudez to strangle him.

Kenney impressed me everywhere- but especially when he had Bermudez all over him on the mat. That kid is versatile and composed. I think this win will get better with age- but it is already an incredible win.

I didn't catch the prelims, but was surprised at the result of this fight. Bermudez has looked like a legit prospect, Brian Ortega style exciting grappler.

This Kenney guy is legit. First he fights Ray borg on short notice and wins, then he moves up and beats an undefeated guy who had 20lbs on him.

100% legit. I won't be picking against him anytime soon.

super impressed by not only his ground game but the ability to take down the much larger man

his stand up looked pretty rough however

Casey kenney weighed 145lbs
Bermudez was 165 lbs

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41073618-4

This Kenney guy is legit. First he fights Ray borg on short notice and wins, then he moves up and beats an undefeated guy who had 20lbs on him.
Happy for Kenney to win (although i didn't even see the fight). 20lbs of difference on fight night in a weight-class that low/light, is the reason why i'd like to have stricter weight-cutting-rules in the UFC. I want to know who's the best fighter, not who's the best at ballooning up so much that he's outweighing his opponent by 20 freaking pounds. Geez!

The Borg fight was an awful decision. Borg was on offense the whole fight. http://mmadecisions.com/decision/9941/Casey-Kenney-vs-Ray-Borg

He did enough to win rounds 1 and 2 against Bermudez, and showed some very crafty grappling against a much bigger opponent. But the guy is too small for 135. I think Bermudez has the better future.
Kenney was the guy who came in on short notice yet Borg was the one who missed weight. Kenney probably won't be a contender but he's very dogged and crafty, he should be around for a while

Casey Kenney is impressive without being impressive. I know, weird. But he's good at making other guys look quite bad without looking great himself. He's good everywhere but excels nowhere and I don't like that type of fighter really. Still, he exposed some big holes in Manny's game and did so against a much heavier guy. Just don't expect to see him reaching the top 5, because to do that you must excel somewhere and be able to finish fights if necessary.

Back