Miocic liver hooks, Diaz wrestling or Costa pressure?

usadaguy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
3 absolutely great performances and I picked DC, Pettis and Romero to win.
Who had the best game plan? Miocic, Diaz or Costa?

DC won probably 3 rounds before Stipe found these great liver hooks. Perfect body shots, strong and fast, great comeback. Miocic shout down DC's body and knocked his head off.
Cormier looked great and I dont think he's gonna retire. I would like to see trilogy fight, but Francis Ngannou should get his rematch first.

Diaz fought very smart what was the biggest surprise on the card. First he started fight very awkward, he was moving a lot, changing stances etc. Then he used his wrestling and clinch game. Pettis injured his leg but still Diaz dominated him on the ground and nearly finished him next to the cage landing knees to the head. Diaz vs Masvidal is next. Pettis vs Aldo is a great fight to make at 155 if Pettis injury is not serious.

Costa always pressured Romero thats why Yoel was so defensive. Costa is so strong and he have so much power but his striking and grappling is world class. Costa should get Whittaker/Adesanya winner. Romero can fight against Gastelum or Jacare/Brunson again.

tenor.gif

Hands down. I was quite imprezed by his performance. As a hard core Diaz fan, I was expecting him too look a little rusty. Plus, Pettis has the tools to beat Nate especially with his leg kicks.

Sure enough, Nate fought with some new wrinkles in his games.
- Checked all leg kicks (Hurt Pettis on one)
- Switching Stances
-Dirty Boxing/Half Clinch/Pummel
-Hands were higher than usual.
- Pointy Knee strikes.

I'll admit, his reflexes were a little slower and his outside boxing was a bit sloppy. Still got the job done.

War Diaz.

Funny thing is: I picked all 3 winners, but they all surprised me as fuck.

Costa: I thought that, if he won, it would surely be a KO. I was amazed at the bombs both guys ate.

Nate: I thought he would just walk forward in typical DIaz fashion and slap Pettis, eat some kicks but continue plodding forward... you are right. He added a lot new tools to his game, and I am happy to see it.

Miocic: It took some time, but he found a way to beat DC. But I thought he would dominate DC from the beginning.

It just comes to show that even though I pick the right winners, I can't claim I knew any better than those who picked the 3 wrong guys...
That's MMA for you :)

More like Nate Diaz checking leg kicks.

With his leg kick defense, his body blows and the others pressure i would be the GOAT.

tenor.gif

Hands down. I was quite imprezed by his performance. As a hard core Diaz fan, I was expecting him too look a little rusty. Plus, Pettis has the tools to beat Nate especially with his leg kicks.

Sure enough, Nate fought with some new wrinkles in his games.
- Checked all leg kicks (Hurt Pettis on one)
- Switching Stances
-Dirty Boxing/Half Clinch/Pummel
-Hands were higher than usual.
- Pointy Knee strikes.

I'll admit, his reflexes were a little slower and his outside boxing was a bit sloppy. Still got the job done.

War Diaz.

Pettis didn't checked all leg kicks, but he checked leg kick early in second round and Pettis broke his foot then.
Diaz fought perfect fight, dominated him on the ground, completely dominated him in the clinch and on the feet Diaz pressured him thats why Pettis wasnt able to do anything significant.
Nate showed improved muay thai, lot of knees and elbows, checking kicks, he landed few good kicks especially front kicks.
Nate is in his prime right now, such a shame that Nick doesnt want to comeback.

Probably Diaz as he came in with a mature gameplan.

Stipe not so much as DC could have won that fight if he didn’t flush his fightiq down the drain and fight as if he was Fatanderson Silva (which he’s not).

Diaz had the best gameplan.
Miocic had to adjust his gameplan in R4, which was brilliant, but obviously not the game plan.
Costa fought like Costa fights and won a very close decision against a 43yo wrestler.

Of the 3 fights, it was DC and Yoel who either didn't have solid game plans or chose not to follow them.

Back